You’d be forgiven for being confused about which phone to buy these days. The choice can be bewildering at certain price points – especially in the $500 to $800 region. But when the Moto X Force throws its hat into the ring it backs things up with so...
Smartphones - Reviews
The last phone we reviewed was the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. That costs a staggering $1,000 more than this Oppo phone and yet when we switched over to it the overwhelming sense was of relief. Here’s why…
A rugged phone designed for someone who puts durability ahead of performance.
At $1349 you’d be forgiven for wondering if you were looking at a laptop or tablet review, but no, this really is the price of Samsung’s new phone.
The Wiwander is a portable mobile hotspot that comes preconfigured to work across various Asian countries. You connect to it via WiFi and it provides internet access over the local mobile phone network.
It's too bad Motorola's better-performing flagship phone takes a back seat to the svelte Moto Z. The Z Force is worth the higher price.
Completely unadorned, Motorola's new flagship phone is a solid performer. But once you add in swappable modules, you can configure the smartphone of your dreams.
Just last week we raved about the $399 Moto G4 Plus redefining what a value meant in the current phone market. Now, just a few days later, here’s Alcatel with an offering that, despite being $100 dearer, may be an even better buy.
In the age of Pokemon Go, the person with the most-charged phone is king. There’s much to love about the cute critters, but as players are all too aware, the one special power that they all share is Phone Battery Vampire.
Seriously, Sony? The Xperia X Performance performs well enough, but it's absolutely not worth its outrageous price tag.
Motorola’s G phones have always been decent mid-range choice but they’ve not been particularly exciting and they’ve tended to be small, low-powered and cheap. The Moto G4 Plus on the other hand caught our eye because its specs approach those of much ...
We’re reviewing these two phones together due to the physical similarities and price points. Both have very smart, well-built, metallic chassis which belie their mid-range price point. However, the R9 is OPPO’s flagship phone while the X9 costs almos...
We’ve been using the Xperia X Performance for a while now and wondering where it sat in the new Sony smartphone range. It’s smaller and less interesting than the Xperia Z5 and it isn’t waterproof either (splash proof only). It looks like a mid-range ...
Dog and Bone versus Olloclip. Which should you buy
Which case is best for your S7?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTQueue ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- FTTest Engineer | $92 p/hrVIC
- FTBI Developer (SQL Server Reporting Services)SA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperWA