Representing the start of a new naming convention for Nokia mobile phones, the Nokia C5 is a mid-range smartphone that doesn't stray too far from the norm. This relatively inexpensive mobile phone won't appeal to business users or those who are inter...
Smartphones - Reviews
Intended to appeal to first-time smartphone buyers, RIM's latest BlackBerry -- the Pearl 3G 9100 -- features similar internal specifications to RIM's flagship BlackBerry Bold 9700 but offers a smaller and compact design.
If you're looking for an iPhone alternative, then you're more than likely going to consider one of the latest Android smartphones. Apple's iPhone 3GS has hogged much of the limelight in the smartphone space, but the Android OS has made a huge splash ...
Featuring a superb, Apple-esque design, HTC's latest Android smartphone -- the HTC Legend -- is one of the sexiest looking mobile phones we've ever reviewed. The successor to the HTC Hero, the HTC Legend is not just about looks: it offers improved so...
Excitement about the World Cup is running high, with football's premier event hitting the globe this June. To help stoke the fires of football fever, EA Sports has released the official 2010 FIFA World Cup game for the iPhone.
Smartphones are all the rage in the mobile phone market, but a touchscreen interface doesn't make a regular mobile phone a smartphone. HTC's Smart is just a standard mobile, even though its name seems to suggest otherwise. The HTC Smart borrows many ...
Football lovers have hit the jackpot in 2010, with the FIFA World Cup rolling around yet again. Fanatics of the world game will undoubtedly be familiar with Sports Interactive's Football Manager game, which lets you lead your team to glory as the man...
Dubbed the Corby Plus in many overseas markets but changed in Australia to avoid associations with the Schapelle Corby drama, the Samsung B3410 is an entry-level touchscreen mobile phone that includes a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard. Its lack of 3G ...
Samsung's GenoA is an inexpensive, entry-level touchscreen phone. The GenoA's capacitive touchscreen and Samsung's TouchWIZ interface make it a reasonable proposition, but the lack of 3G connectivity is disappointing.
The Plantronics Explorer 395 is a good-looking, easy-to-use Bluetooth headset that is obviously designed (and priced) for the casual user -- somebody who wants to be able to do hands-free calling but doesn't need to be glued to a mobile phone.
The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani is a high fashion phone with a 5-megapixel camera, Windows Mobile Professional 6.5 operating system and a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, designed by the famous Italian designer.
Designed for users with an "active lifestyle," Samsung's basic E1130 mobile phone is ideal for tradespeople, or for use as a secondary, inexpensive phone. The E1130 is water and dust resistant and features a durable plastic casing that has been manuf...
If you want a Google Android smartphone but can't afford something like the HTC Desire or Google Nexus One, the Millennius Google Phone could be the right pick for you. Costing less than half the RRP of most Android smartphones on the market, its und...
The HTC Droid Incredible impresses with its speedy user interface, gorgeous AMOLED display and fun Sense user interface. Other than some minor design qualms, this smartphone truly lives up to its name.
Mocal is a free, Australian-developed iPhone app that lets you search for business listings, restaurants, and a wealth of other points of interest based on your current location. Also offering turn-by-turn directions for when you're on foot or in you...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTUnix EngineerACT
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- TPSupport Engineer (Security Tools)VIC
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTInformation Architect / Data Architect- ETL, BINSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW