Previously, a Plus-sized iPhone meant a bigger screen and that was about it. With the iPhone 7 Plus, the dual-lens camera is a major selling point.
Smartphones - Reviews
Any $269 smartphone is sure to have flaws, and this does, but it's still good value.
Acer's Liquid Jade Primo smartphone goes all in to replace your PC, bundling a phone, keyboard, mouse, and dock together. We put that daring concept to the test.
It’s iPhone time again and whether you’re a fan or not the whole tech industry gets a lift and the general, less-techie populace gets a lesson on the latest technology.
iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
VR is no gimmick and it’s thriving among early adopters: both in the world of powerful computers with the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive and also in the phone-based space where almost any modern phone is a potential VR gateway.
For $250 you should just buy a vastly superior point-and-shoot camera.
It may not be as fast as the other Moto Z phones, but the return of the headphone jack and super battery life make up for it.
You’d be forgiven for being confused about which phone to buy these days. The choice can be bewildering at certain price points – especially in the $500 to $800 region. But when the Moto X Force throws its hat into the ring it backs things up with so...
The last phone we reviewed was the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. That costs a staggering $1,000 more than this Oppo phone and yet when we switched over to it the overwhelming sense was of relief. Here’s why…
A rugged phone designed for someone who puts durability ahead of performance.
At $1349 you’d be forgiven for wondering if you were looking at a laptop or tablet review, but no, this really is the price of Samsung’s new phone.
The Wiwander is a portable mobile hotspot that comes preconfigured to work across various Asian countries. You connect to it via WiFi and it provides internet access over the local mobile phone network.
It's too bad Motorola's better-performing flagship phone takes a back seat to the svelte Moto Z. The Z Force is worth the higher price.
Completely unadorned, Motorola's new flagship phone is a solid performer. But once you add in swappable modules, you can configure the smartphone of your dreams.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW