Samsung Electronics, considered a technology industry bellwether for the number of mobile phones, memory chips, and LCD panels it sells, on Tuesday announced preliminary third quarter sales and operating profit sharply higher than the same quarter la...
Smartphones - News
HTC and Samsung are at the head of the line of U.S. handset vendors offering Windows Mobile 6.5 phones, the first smartphones based on Microsoft's new OS that are meant to finally give Microsoft-powered phones features that are on par with those avai...
Ever been away from home and remembered at the last minute that you didn't set the <a href="http://www.tivo.com/">TiVo</a> to record the new episode of your favorite TV show? Or been running late and wanted to program the digital video recorder (DVR)...
The latest version of IBM's Lotus Domino, set to be announced Tuesday, will natively support the Apple iPhone, allowing users to automatically synchronize e-mail, contacts and calendar data to the popular handset over the air.
NTT DoCoMo is experimenting with using compressed wooden cases for cell phones.
T-Mobile has a new partner in its plan to take over the world with Android. T-Mobile has announced plans to introduce the Samsung Behold II mobile phone, Samsung's first venture based on the Google Android OS.
Adobe Systems has come up with a way to let developers write Flash applications for Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch devices, even without the support of Apple.
There is much excitement and celebration today in the world of mobile phones. Adobe announced that Flash Player 10.1 will soon be gracing the diminutive screen of your mobile phone...unless you have an iPhone.
Vonage Holdings Corp. today announced an Internet phone-calling application that can be downloaded for free to iPhone and BlackBerry smartphones allowing international calls through Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
Adobe Systems' Flash Player is getting closer to appearing on smartphones, with Research in Motion adding its BlackBerry to the list of devices that will run the software. Apple's elusive iPhone remains out of reach, however.
Research In Motion (RIM) today unveiled the latest BlackBerry smartphone -- the Curve 8520 -- with a little help from Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am.
The nature of mobile phone use in Australia is changing, with handsets increasingly used for more than just making voice calls and sending SMS messages according to a new study. Seventy seven per cent of people surveyed for the 2009 Australian Mobile...
Everyone is supposed to love their iPhones, lest they be branded an Apple hater. But Apple's comeuppance is at hand.
UK iPhone carrier O2 is bracing itself for thousands of returns as recent customers send back their iPhones to wait for better deals from rivals Orange and Vodafone.
Windows Mobile is not dead and, in fact, its use on smartphones will nearly triple by 2013, according to analyst firm iSuppli Corp.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTSolutions Architect (Collaboration Technology) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD