First- and third-party applications available for download on the iPhone and other smartphones may need to be submitted for classification, according to Donald McDonald, director of the Australian Classification Board.
Smartphones - News
Nokia today said it has sued Apple in federal court, charging that the iPhone infringes on 10 patents owned by the Finnish mobile phone maker.
RIM is expanding its effort to redefine the Web browsing experience for BlackBerry users. In a recent job posting on LinkedIn, RIM asked for an expert C++ programmer who is firmly grounded in the open source Webkit browser engine.
The motoring authority of Victoria, VicRoads, has backed down on a plan to ban the use of mobile global positioning system (GPS) devices in cars.
GSM BlackBerry users who felt snubbed by RIM's recent releases, like the Storm 2 and Tour 9630 on Verizon, can finally get in on the new device action. RIM took the wraps off BlackBerry Bold 9700, an update to the popular BlackBerry Bold 9000, which ...
LG Electronics, Research in Motion, Samsung Electronics and Sharp will all make mobile phones with support for a specification for software widgets set by a group of mobile operators, the Joint Innovation Lab (JIL) said on Wednesday.
Arm Holdings has introduced a processor for smartphones and other devices that it says will be cheaper, and more powerful and energy-efficient than the two ARM processors it will supplant. The company expects that the new chip will also help it ward ...
The Motorola Droid smartphone that will ship in November from Verizon Wireless could well be the game-changer supporting analyst forecasts that the Android operating system will dominate those from the iPhone and the BlackBerry by 2012.
Say hello to inhuman business productivity: here comes the BlackBerry watch.
Research In Motion launched in India on Tuesday two BlackBerry handsets through its distributor Redington.
Las Vegas: Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer characterized the recent Sidekick data loss episode as "not good," and said he believes all the data will be recovered, but added that Microsoft will have to be more forthcoming in explaining to enterprise custo...
With some considerable fanfare, Electronic Arts and Harmonix released the latest version of Rock Band (iTunes link) today -- it's now a US$9.99 iPhone app with in-game song purchasing enabled.
Our Apple-focused affiliate, MacWorld, discovered earlier today that an update to the iPhone Developer Program has allowed the use of in-app transactions in free apps, a practice that was previously limited to paid apps. With iPhone game developers d...
It looks like Sony Ericsson is about to pick sides in the mobile operating systems war. The company is getting ready to announce a new strategy, new CEO Bert Nordberg said during a conference call.
Apple has introduced an in-app purchase feature for free iPhone apps that allow you to fulfill transactions within the iPhone applications themselves - no Apple App Store required. The feature was previously available for paid applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel 2: Everything we know about Google’s next flagship phone
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerOther
- FTPMO - Business Process ConsultantOther
- FTUX DesignerOther
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos Developer - CANBERRA BASEDQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FT4 X Gun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCAlliance ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Level 2ACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTUX / UI DeveloperVIC
- FTSplunk AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTCommunity Liaison OfficerOther
- CCData Visualisation SpecialistNSW
- TPLead Software Engineer C++NSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW