Google on Tuesday released an SDK for Android 2.0, revealing some new features that will come with the upgraded mobile operating system.
Smartphones - News
Mio Technology will launch a new version of its MiBuddy 4.7-inch touchscreen Internet and navigation device next year running Google's Android mobile software, a company representative said Tuesday.
Qualcomm has built a new subsidiary to better integrate its products with mobile open-source software, in hopes of capitalizing on the trend toward open platforms in the mobile industry.
The Palm Pixi, the slimmer sibling of Palm Pre, is set to debut on the Sprint network on Nov. 15. Priced at $100 (after rebates) with a two-year deal, the Pixi is a reworked Pre with a few significant changes, including an exposed (not slide-out) key...
Nokia announced its first smartphone for China Mobile's 3G network on Tuesday.
Research In Motion's BlackBerry Storm 2, the long-anticipated follow-up to the original BlackBerry Storm, will arrive on Verizon's network tomorrow. The Storm 2 will go on sale on Wednesday, October 28 for US$280 when you sign a two-year service cont...
Boingo Wireless, an international network of both wired Internet zones and Wi-Fi hotspots, today released Boingo Mobile for BlackBerry, a free application that lets the company's subscribers know whenever they're in range of Boingo hotspots so they c...
Yesterday, U.S. wireless carrier Verizon Wireless formally announced Research In Motion's (RIM) latest touch-screen smartphone: the BlackBerry Storm2 9550. The device is not yet publicly available--you'll have to wait until later this week to get you...
Apple iPhone users are almost twice as likely to say that they're "very satisfied" with their smartphone than second-place RIM and its BlackBerry, a research firm said today.
The hotly anticipated Android-powered Motorola Droid smartphone made a brief and surprising visit on the Web yesterday as Motorola "accidentally" launched the phone's site. Before Motorola caught onto the mistake, blogs like Boy Genius Report and Unw...
Having played the controversy for all the publicity it could generate, PepsiCo has now removed its controversial "Amp Up Before You Score" iPhone app from distribution.
When Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer admitted publicly in September that the company did "screw up with Windows Mobile," many experts were left wondering how the mobile operating system can be fixed with the arrival of version 7 next year -- and beyond.
Nokia is taking Apple to court, alleging that the iPhone infringes on 10 different technology patents owned by Nokia. Nokia is entitled to protect its investments in research and development and its intellectual property, but there is reason to be sk...
On Wednesday Volkswagen launched its new 2010 GTI hatchback not via a television or radio commercial or an auto show floor presentation, but in Apple's App Store, thus becoming the first car company to announce a new car exclusively through a mobile ...
Here's a roundup of a wild week in smartphone news. Apple, Nokia, Research in Motion, Verizon, AT&T and others all got in on the action.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel 2: Everything we know about Google’s next flagship phone
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther
- FTTechnical Lead | UnicaOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTBI Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst, FX and TradingOther
- CCPerformance Test Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior UI / UX DesignerQLD
- FTSystems EngineerQLD
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Data EngineerOther
- CCFleet Management System SpecialistQLD
- CCMULTIPLE - SAP ABAP UI5 DevelopersQLD
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCProcesses and Procedures SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTChief Digital OfficerNZ
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW