Apple's iPhone continues to be the top-scorer in customer satisfaction, but the big surprise is that Motorola Android phones have climbed into second place, based on the latest survey of new smartphone users by ChangeWave Research.
Smartphones - News
The current trend in which smartphones and other mobile devices are becoming more prominent as computing tools will require tough decisions in IT shops. Enterprises looking to move applications to handheld devices are going to have to accommodate man...
Android tied with iOS in October as the smartphone operating systems most often hitting Millennial Media's mobile advertising network.
China Unicom plans on releasing its own Linux-based smartphone at the end of the year in China, as the company confronts sluggish revenue growth and increasing competition.
One in five employees is putting their company's network atrisk by using non-standard smartphones in breach of their organisation's security policy.
Grab your hoverboards, gang: The next generation of Android phones is on the way, and it's going to feel a bit like something out of Back to the Future II.
It is amazing what will catch the fancy of the news media. For example, Nov. 16 was “British day” in U.S. publications. The day started out with just about every newspaper and TV station covering an anticipated announcement that the Beatles were comi...
Users of Google's Docs hosted office productivity suite will now be able to edit word processing documents from their Android and Apple iOS devices, Google announced on Wednesday.
Research in Motion's attitude toward mobile applications seems to be, "If you can't beat 'em, dismiss 'em."
New BlackBerrys will soon look and feel like BlackBerry's Playbook tablet, co-CEO Jim Balsillie strongly suggested at the Web 2.0 Summit on Tuesday.
Given the complexities of different smartphone platforms, software builders embarking on an enterprise application project for these systems must know their audience, an official with smartphone maker RIM said Tuesday.
Smartphone apps are set to become the killer health care product as a research report projects that some 500 million people will be using them within five years.
Google has today unveiled its Maps Navigation Beta service in Australia, offering free turn-by-turn navigation through the Google Maps application on all Android smartphones.
Two-thirds of wireless carriers say their networks are suffering due to the surge in data traffic. They're racing to apply a wide range of technical and tariff changes to cope with the problem, and with the growing customer dissatisfaction, according...
Palm Chief Executive Jon Rubinstein told the Web 2.0 Conference that his company lost some momentum after it was acquired by Hewlett-Packard in April. But Palm will get its mojo back, he says, thanks in part to a host of WebOS devices including smart...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyQLD
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPImplementation Planner | P90 |$1300/dayQLD
- CCProject Delivery LeadQLD
- CCSenior Magento DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- FTSenior DBANSW
- FTDevelopment and Delivery Manager - CloudACT
- TPPrincipal Portfolio Officer - One Month Contract - DSITIQLD
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANENSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC