Technically, Nokia's E7 smartphone is a better option for enterprises than Windows Phone 7 phones, according to market researcher Gartner. But Nokia's announcement Friday that it will adopt Microsoft's Windows Phone as its primary smartphone OS means...
Smartphones - News
Nokia will adopt Microsoft's Windows Phone as its primary smartphone strategy, the company said on Friday, after days of speculation on what it would do to compete with Apple's iPhone and Google's Android.
The fast, high-capacity Wi-Fi that users have been enjoying for a few years in laptops is now due to hit smartphones and tablets in a big way, with two major Wi-Fi chip makers announcing products that use IEEE 802.11n with multiple antennas.
Israeli company Trusteer is taking its Rapport secure browsing technology into mobile security for the first time, announcing a smartphone and tablet protection system for businesses, Secure Web Access.
Qualcomm on Thursday announced its latest Snapdragon tablet processor, which includes multimedia features that could raise the standards of entertainment capabilities provided by tablets.
Yahoo has announced a "digital newstand" called Livestand for tablet devices and cell phones that has been designed to deliver content from the company's various sites and online publications.
Mobile phone maker INQ has collaborated with Facebook on phones optimized for the social networking site, and the results are the Android-based INQ Cloud Touch and INQ Cloud Q.
In case you missed it, HP overnight launched three new devices based on Palm's webOS platform; a TouchPad tablet, a Pre 3 smartphone and a compact Veer smartphone. Sadly, none of these slick looking products are ever likely to make it down under.
Android Market's instant-download feature for applications that customers buy has a flaw: It could open up Android devices to malicious downloads from attackers, according to security firm Sophos.
HP today introduced two new webOS phones, the HP Veer and the HP Pre 3. The Veer, targeted more at the everyday consumer, will be available this spring. The Pre 3, designed for professional and entertainment use, will be available this summer.
Picking up where the Palm Pixi left off, the HP Veer is smaller than your average high-end smartphone. But not everybody wants--or needs--a monolithic 4.3-inch phone so it is nice to see HP come up with some alternative form factors.
While the HP Veer is targeted at first-time smartphone users, the Pre 3 is for the person who wants to do everything on their phone. It has a nice mix of business and multimedia features with the horsepower to do it all. I was only allowed to use the...
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop has compared the company's current situation to standing on a burning oil platform in the North Sea. Nokia must decide how it is going to change its behavior, or perish in the flames as its platform burns, Elop wrote in a memo ...
In a blog post Google software engineer, Wenzhang Zhu, has announced the availability of the Google Translate for iPhone app.
The teardown kings at iFixit have discovered that Apple's new Verizon CDMA iPhone has a Qualcomm dual-mode GSM/CDMA chip under the hood. That means, as iFixit notes, "Apple could have supported GSM" networks such as AT&T or T-Mobile with the Verizon...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- TPIteration Lead - .NetQLD
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW