Qualcomm is demonstrating a number of augmented-reality games for Android-based smartphones at Mobile World Congress. The games were developed using its AR SDK software development kit.
Smartphones - News
Some people may yet debate the value of femtocells, but the tide has turned: in 2010, the number of femtocells around the world exceeded the number of macrocells, according to the Femto Forum.
A little-known Taiwanese semiconductor firm's ambitious plan to grow mobile phone semiconductor sales in China this year foreshadows what analysts see as boom in low-end handsets not only in the world's largest market but also in other countries wher...
Smartphone makers, not personal computer firms, are best positioned to make tablet PCs because of close links between external design and operating systems, a researcher in Taiwan said on Wednesday.
Upstart mobile telecommunications service provider Tru states that it can offer mobile phone global roaming rates that are significantly lower than competitors. The company claims savings of over 75% on call rates when overseas in the US and UK, and ...
The latest Apple iPhone 5 rumor centers on the anticipated smartphone featuring a 4-inch screen, about 14% bigger than the standard 3.5-inch display of current iPhones and more in line with what Google Android phone makers have been offering.
Well, it looks like Apple isn't going to go smaller without going a little bigger, too. We just heard that Apple's working on a smaller iPhone (an iPhone 'nano' if you will), and now new reports suggest Apple's working on an iPhone with a larger disp...
The HTC Droid Incredible was a huge success in the United States when it launched on Verizon. Does the next generation Incredible S measure up? Pretty much. The Incredible S isn't a huge overhaul in design or specs from the original Incredible, but t...
The HTC Wildfire S proves that lower-end Android phones don't necessarily have to be attractive too. The original Wildfire is one of the many budget Android phones we saw in 2010. The Wildfire S is no super phone; in fact, the specs are pretty unthri...
HTC's entrant into the tablet wars, the 7-inch Flyer, was definitely the belle of Tawainese handset manufacturer's press conference this morning, but there was still some exciting phone news. HTC announced updates to three popular Android phones incl...
Telstra has confirmed it will bring the next generation HTC Desire smartphone -- the HTC Desire S -- to Australia in the first half of 2011.
Google CEO Eric Schmidt took to the stage at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Tuesday to talk up the Android OS for tablets and phones, in addition to giving nods to Chrome, search and YouTube.
The GSMA will recommend that operators join a program that allows mobile subscribers to report SMS spam using short codes in an effort to gather more data on a growing annoyance.
AVG says up to 50,000 Android users a day are downloading its free security application, as the smartphone OS gains popularity.
Motorola on Tuesday said that HTC, Sony Ericsson, Pantech and Sharp plan to use the enterprise mobile device management software from Three Laws of Mobility, a company Motorola announced this week that it had acquired.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel 2: Everything we know about Google’s next flagship phone
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther
- FTTechnical Lead | UnicaOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTBI Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst, FX and TradingOther
- CCPerformance Test Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior UI / UX DesignerQLD
- FTSystems EngineerQLD
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Data EngineerOther
- CCFleet Management System SpecialistQLD
- CCMULTIPLE - SAP ABAP UI5 DevelopersQLD
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCProcesses and Procedures SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTChief Digital OfficerNZ
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW