If you find your smartphone and other devices demand too much attention and drive you bonkers, industry experts agree.
Smartphones - News
Ah, remember just six months ago, when we were anticipating super fast dual-core mobile processors? Well Nvidia and Qualcomm have been moving along quickly -- on Tuesday Nvidia not only announced, but demonstrated, its new quad-core mobile processor ...
Samsung is flexing its engineering muscles with the Samsung Galaxy S II, while HTC and Sony Ericsson are betting on deep Facebook integration and mobile gaming as the war for smartphone supremacy continues at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona th...
Google Wednesday launched a payment system for publishers of digital content, one day after Apple unveiled a similar system for its App Store.
Chinese phone maker ZTE plans to include NFC (Near-Field Communications) chips in its smartphones and feature phones, it said on Wednesday at Mobile World Congress.
Qualcomm is demonstrating a number of augmented-reality games for Android-based smartphones at Mobile World Congress. The games were developed using its AR SDK software development kit.
Some people may yet debate the value of femtocells, but the tide has turned: in 2010, the number of femtocells around the world exceeded the number of macrocells, according to the Femto Forum.
A little-known Taiwanese semiconductor firm's ambitious plan to grow mobile phone semiconductor sales in China this year foreshadows what analysts see as boom in low-end handsets not only in the world's largest market but also in other countries wher...
Smartphone makers, not personal computer firms, are best positioned to make tablet PCs because of close links between external design and operating systems, a researcher in Taiwan said on Wednesday.
Upstart mobile telecommunications service provider Tru states that it can offer mobile phone global roaming rates that are significantly lower than competitors. The company claims savings of over 75% on call rates when overseas in the US and UK, and ...
The latest Apple iPhone 5 rumor centers on the anticipated smartphone featuring a 4-inch screen, about 14% bigger than the standard 3.5-inch display of current iPhones and more in line with what Google Android phone makers have been offering.
Well, it looks like Apple isn't going to go smaller without going a little bigger, too. We just heard that Apple's working on a smaller iPhone (an iPhone 'nano' if you will), and now new reports suggest Apple's working on an iPhone with a larger disp...
The HTC Droid Incredible was a huge success in the United States when it launched on Verizon. Does the next generation Incredible S measure up? Pretty much. The Incredible S isn't a huge overhaul in design or specs from the original Incredible, but t...
The HTC Wildfire S proves that lower-end Android phones don't necessarily have to be attractive too. The original Wildfire is one of the many budget Android phones we saw in 2010. The Wildfire S is no super phone; in fact, the specs are pretty unthri...
HTC's entrant into the tablet wars, the 7-inch Flyer, was definitely the belle of Tawainese handset manufacturer's press conference this morning, but there was still some exciting phone news. HTC announced updates to three popular Android phones incl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTLead ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTICT SpecialistNSW
- TPPrincipal Data Analyst | ArcGIS | Power BI | QlikQLD
- TPSenior ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTSenior Data Engineer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD