African mobile-phone users are increasingly turning to their devices for functions beyond making calls, said speakers at a Massachusetts Institute of Technology panel discussion on Friday.
Smartphones - News
Microsoft appears to be reconsidering a decision to bar an application from the Windows Phone 7 market, in one of the first tests of the software giant's mobile app approval process.
Microsoft bragged Thursday about growth in its Windows Phone 7 (WP7) developer community one year after its birth, but immediately got blasted for not disclosing developer revenues.
A new survey finds that only a third of mobile phone owners would realize they had lost their phone within 15 minutes. According to the research conducted by YouGov on behalf of SecurEnvoy, a majority would probably figure it out within an hour. Ther...
Microsoft has bragged about its growing app store for Windows Phone 7 devices, but the store's offerings are still puny compared to Apple's or Google's stores. The Windows Phone 7 app store has around 10 times less apps than the Android Market and ar...
A year ago, Microsoft released free developer tools for its Windows Phone 7 mobile OS. Today, Microsoft is celebrating a set of numbers that show, the company says, developers have enthusiastically embraced the platform.
Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 platform has caught on with developers in the year since the platform's development tools were first shown, a Microsoft executive stressed Thursday in a blog entry featuring a variety of numbers related to Microsoft's entr...
Google Android smartphones excel in many areas; a wide variety of quality hardware options; slick software interfaces; valuable and entertaining applications; endless customization possibilities; etc.
Samsung and Visa will roll out a mobile payments program in London in time for the Olympic Games next year, they said Thursday.
Google has quietly stopped offering QR codes for businesses with Places pages.
Nokia Australia will provide a 24-month warranty on all mobile phones purchased on or after 31 March, the company announced today.
Microsoft is jumping on the one-swipe mobile payment bandwagon by introducing Near Field Communications (NFC) technology to Windows Phone 7, according to online rumors. NFC would allow Phone 7 users to pay for items such as subway tickets, groceries ...
One of the founding fathers of the original IBM PC, Mark Dean, says competition in the smartphone and tablet markets today is as wild as the early microcomputer battles between Apple, Commodore and IBM almost three decades ago.
Google has added the ability for developers to sell digital content from inside applications on Android Market, the company said in a blog post on Tuesday.
LG today announced that its Optimus Me Android smartphone will hit Australian stores in April for $229.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTJava Team LeadVIC