With their larger screens, long-lasting batteries, and powerful CPUs, tablets seem well suited for the kinds of rich multimedia applications that confound ordinary smartphones. But Apple famously won't allow Adobe Flash on its iOS mobile devices, inc...
Smartphones - News
HTC has announced that its Incredible S Android smartphone will be available exclusively through Optus for three months when it launches in Australia on 1 May.
Nokia may be struggling to produce a high-end device to compete with the iPhone and various Android phones, but at least you can't accuse the Finnish giant of a lack of trying when it comes to marketing. The company is currently pushing its Nokia E7 ...
Nokia may have recently announced its intention to switch to the Windows Phone 7 platform for its high-end smartphones, but if you were hoping Symbian would die a quick death, you can think again -- Nokia will continue to release Symbian phones 'unti...
Microsoft on Wednesday announced 1,500 new developer tools coming in May for the next version of the Windows Phone operating system, code-named Mango, that's due in the fall.
Video sharing site Vimeo has released an iOS application for the Apple iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad 2. The app lets users browse Vimeo videos, as well as record and edit their own videos including adding visual effects, and uploading directly to Vim...
HTC stopped by the PCWorld offices last week to show off its latest Android smartphone, the HTC Sensation 4G. The phone was officially unveiled today at a launch event in the UK, but we got an exclusive hands-on look. Coming to T-Mobile this summer, ...
HTC's latest smartphone, the Sensation, has a dual-core 1.2GHz processor from Qualcomm that holds the promise of faster graphics and is due to ship in Europe in the second quarter, the company said at an event in London on Tuesday.
Nokia launched an updated version of its Symbian^3 mobile operating system on Tuesday, along with two phones running the software, the X7 and the E6.
What was once an expensive, high-end Android smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S, is now available from Vodafone from a paltry $29 per month, which could mean the second-generation Galaxy S II is set to make an appearance at the carrier.
Nokia's recent decision to close the source code for its Symbian smartphone OS likely won't affect most application developers or consumers.
Optus has begun a trial of femtocell technology in Australia, which the telco says will improve mobile reception and coverage in homes and offices affected by network black spots.
Google announced three large updates for its Android for Business portfolio on Thursday. The updates focus on security and connecting with colleagues, and will be available to all customers of Google Apps for Business and Google Apps for Education.
The developer of an unauthorized tool that Windows Phone 7 customers could use to force an update for their phones explained on Friday that he pulled the tool at Microsoft's request.
Calling all sports fans: Check out these 10 great apps for Google Android and Apple iPhone that will keep you up to date on your favorite sport or team while on the go. And save your spending money for the ballpark.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW