Android is a phenomenal success story -- skyrocketing from nothing to surpass both RIM and Apple and become the dominant smartphone platform in only a couple years.
Smartphones - News
Google is launching on Tuesday a redesigned Android Market client for phones that is intended to better showcase top applications and features an improved UI and faster downloading of products.
Yesterday, Apple seeded iOS 5 Beta 3 to developers. The latest beta brings performance and stability enhancements as well as more of the promised 200+ new features. Here is just a glimpse at some of the latest iOS 5 beta goodness.
Research in Motion says its two-year-old BlackBerry App World has crossed the 1 billion app download mark and that a beta version of the app store upgrade is on the way.
Apple has enough courtroom action going on right now to fill up half-a-dozen prime-time legal dramas. Fortunately, you don't need to worry about keeping your HTC and Samsung patent disputes straight--we do it for you in another edition of Under the G...
The Commonwealth Bank today rolled out a suite of new mobile banking applications including NetBank for iPad and Android tablets, and a new CommBank mobile banking app for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 7 smartphone platforms.
Telstra has announced the pricing and immediate availability of HTC's latest Android smartphone, the HTC Sensation.
Telstra has announced the availability of yet another Android smartphone, this time the Sony Ericsson XPERIA Neo. The handset will be available in Australia through Telstra from 26 July.
There will be not just one new iPhone launched by Apple in September but two, according to a report.
Ever been on an endless search for a bottle opener during a big night out? Two Australian entrepreneurs feel your pain and have designed an iPhone case that double as a bottle opener.
Apple's iPhone 5 may be just months away from becoming a reality, with the latest rumours suggesting an August or September release. Just exactly what does Apple have up its sleeve to entice consumers in 2011?
Telstra has finally announced the pricing and launch date for the hotly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S II Android smartphone, more than a month after rivals Optus and Vodafone began selling the handset.
A commanding 38 per cent share of all smartphone users in the US used Android-based devices in the three months ending in May, according to ComScore.
A reported deadline for developers to comply with an Apple policy on in-app subscription content has passed, with some developers yet to modify their apps. But <em>Macworld</em> has learned that Apple is working with developers to bring their apps in...
A Duke University grad student has come up with a way to double, or more, battery life in Wi-Fi devices, without any changes needed on the device itself. Essentially, the technique regulates how long and when client radios sleep, so that data transfe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
- Xiaomi's Mi6 has the Galaxy S7’s looks, the S8’s power, and iPhone 7’s camera for half the price
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Find My iPhone helps nab a thief at Coachella with 100 phones in his backpack
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTSystems Support EngineerQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW