Palm appears to be giving tacit approval to groups trying to hack the Palm Pre and Palm's new handset operating system, WebOS. et access.
Smartphones - Features
New Coke. Chia pets. Ashton Kutcher. All are bad ideas that should have been snuffed out before they emerged into public consciousness. All are things that make you scratch your head and say, "What in God's name were they thinking?"
In the tech world at least, it seems 2009 is the year of the smartphone. Apple's recent announcement of the iPhone 3G S has kicked off what will be a very juicy line-up in the coming months.
We’ll show you how to pick up a bargain this week, including a great deal on a Nokia smartphone, an HP netbook for under $500 and a 200Hz 40in Sony Bravia LCD television for less than $2900!
Apple's iPhone 3G S was announced earlier this week and the consumer reaction to the latest version has been mixed.
Ed Colligan is a nice guy and visionary marketer who, nevertheless, deserves blame for most of Palm's problems, including the failed launch of the Palm Pre last weekend. At least by sacrificing Colligan so quickly, that must be what "the new Palm" ho...
I have a confession to make: About two years ago I made a big mistake and bought a phone designed for mere mortals when what I really wanted was an Apple iPhone. Don't get me wrong -- my Sony Ericsson W580i has served me well -- but I'm ready to move...
Apple's latest update breathes new life into the iPhone, with a host of nifty features. Here is a look at some of the most important.
Apple's new iPhone 3G S is officially on its way to store shelves. The highlight of the company's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote Monday, the iPhone 3G S is set to become available across America next Friday, June 19. The device is said to be...
If there is a single message from Apple's Monday announcements, it is a simple one: Software sells hardware. Second message? Apple's iPhone has a lot of software available and the Palm Pre, Android, BlackBerry, et al, don't come close.
The Palm Pre and the Apple iPhone 3G S are the smartphone standouts of 2009, but they're not the only news. Operating systems are receiving updates, new devices are debuting, and app stores are growing by the day. Here's what to look for from the six...
TomTom's turn-by-turn direction iPhone application, which was unveiled at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Monday, has been met with much enthusiasm. The company's stock price increased by 17 percent after TomTom co-founder and CTO Peter-Frans...
For about two hours on Monday, a big chunk of the technology world had its eyes focused on Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. And even with CEO Steve Jobs out on medical leave, Apple's execs managed to wow the assembled ...
Over the course of two weeks in June, Apple will deliver more new phones than any mobile handset manufacturer in history. On June 8, paid members of Apple's iPhone Developer Program were given access to the GM (gold master) of iPhone 3.0 firmware, al...
Sony Ericsson recently unveiled three new flagship mobile phones, including the 12-megapixel Satio, previously known as Idou. The handsets should hit the Australian market in late 2009.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- FTIntegration EngineerACT
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- CCData Migration Lead | Recruitment Focus | DocklandsVIC
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTJunior Administration AssistantACT
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC