Nearly overlooked in the hoopla over its new 3G smart phone this week has been Apple's creation of an iPhone development platform, analysts said Thursday.
iPhone Centre - News
The enhanced security features built into Apple's new iPhone 3G will enable the devices to be connected more securely into corporate networks. But that doesn't mean they should immediately be given the same kind of broad access to internal applicatio...
Telstra's 3G network will be faster, cheaper and have more capacity following a deal with Ericsson to install Direct Tunnel technology.
Apple has revealed further details of the new Mac OS X Server software, adding support for a new file system and collaboration tools designed for businesses looking to use the iPhone as a client device.
Apple said it has enterprise business support for its iPhone 2.0 beta release, but several senior IT executives expressed skepticism and even ridiculed Apple for having little big business expertise.
The days and weeks and months of speculation are over. Apple did, as expected at its Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, retire its original iPhone and replace it with a faster, cheaper model.
The Apple iPhone 3G will hit Australian shores through Vodafone and Optus on July 11.
While much of the attention in the US smart phone market is on the next-generation iPhone, which was revealed by Apple on Monday, the global leader for smart-phone sales is still Nokia, analyst firm Gartner said in a report released Friday.
More than a week after Apple introduced iPhone 2.0 beta software with Exchange e-mail and powerful security tools, there are lingering questions over whether it can gain wide acceptance inside corporations for mission critical needs.
The most important iPhone announcement from Monday's keynote presentation at the Apple WWDC wasn't the 3G news. Faster speeds were pretty much a given, considering the pokey download speeds of the first-generation iPhones. Nor was it the news about M...
On July 11 Australians will be able to buy the fastest and most functional 3G Apple iPhone to run on the Optus and Vodafone 3G networks.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs kicked off his company's developers conference today by unveiling a new iPhone that connects to faster 3G-based networks, includes built-in GPS and costs half as much as the current lowest-priced model.
High Tech Computer on Wednesday announced the Touch Pro, a business handset a similar design to the iPhone rival, HTC Touch Diamond revealed last month to great fanfare.
E-mail collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has released beta software that adds an enterprise-critical feature to Apple's popular iPhone -- the ability to receive calendar and contact updates wirelessly instead of plugging the device into a co...
Apple is talking to music labels about expanding the iPhone's ringtone selection and letting users download tunes over carriers' data networks, according to a report in the New York Times Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Which iPhones, iPads, and iPods support iOS 10?
- Lab results find the iPhone SE fails the bendgate and waterproof test
- Apple developing new batteries to improve energy capacity in devices
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTC# DeveloperQLD
- FTCapacity ManagerACT