So we may have got a bit excited at the announcement of this device from Plox. But it’s quite natural to regress to a small child when something like this comes along. Yes it’s a levitating Death Star speaker and yes you (and/or your kids) will probably want one. Yes Christmas is coming and yes, it’s $250. That’s not cheap. So is it worth buying?
This is a very down and dirty comparison of low-end audio performance on the Apple iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel XL as recorded on a Sony Xperia XZ phone!
Now perhaps I wasn’t the target market when Ultimate Ears launched their UE Megaboom Bluetooth speaker. I don’t like partying, the music is always too loud and people can’t hear my witty quips. I’m normally standing uncomfortably at the bar, drinking endless torrents of house bubbles.
The Jam Rewind and Braven 105 are two small, durable Bluetooth speakers that offer good sound and several distinctive features.
This speaker's price tag, sound, and feature set are appealing enough, but it's all undermined by a distinctly mediocre app.
The diminutive Core is one of the best Bluetooth speakers ever. The Core Sub is icing on that sonic cake.
JBL's Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker can run for an astounding 20 hours between charges. Party hardy folks!
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating insects in Asia, cavorting in fountains in Europe or relaxing in hot mud in South America.
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing the technology, apps and services she uses and encounters along the way.
Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
"There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion." The line, taken from an Edgar Allan Poe short story, speaks volumes of Bowers & Wilkins’ latest speaker, the Zeppelin Wireless.
The $229 Bluetooth speaker goes on sale in November with better sound and a Lightning charger.
Yamaha unveils MusicCast, a high-fidelity multi-room audio system that will have 20-plus components by year's end
Will support for high-definition audio streams be enough to break Sonos’ iron grip on this market?
The classic wood veneer styling captures your attention immediately. But it's not until you read the cutting list of what's been included in the Bush Heritage II Connect radio that you truly appreciate what you're getting.
Instead of making you choose between Apple AirPlay and Google Cast, Sony's latest whole-home speakers will work with both.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Meet Beats Pill+, the first Beats speaker made under Apple
- Yamaha unveils MusicCast, a high-fidelity multi-room audio system that will have 20-plus components by year's end
- Sony's new whole-home speakers combine Google Cast and Apple AirPlay
- Sonos Boost promises to eliminate network dead spots on a Sonos network
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystOther
- FTSharePoint DevelopersOther
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTCRM DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTC# DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - SharepointOther
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCData Warehouse Test AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Java developerACT
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack ASP.NET DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperOther
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer - SIEMNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC