With days and nights getting colder, why not pick up some gadgets to help you battle through the winter.
Home Entertainment - Slideshows
Professor Dr. Fritz Sennheiser founded the Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG in 1945.
Everyone hates an annoying git in the cinema talking on their mobile phone in the middle of a movie. But even worse than this are some of the ridiculous movie plots that feature mobile phones.
The old saying goes, "Be nice to geeks--you'll end up working for them someday." But in fiction, some geeks go on to even greater things, like fighting crime, changing history, or saving the world.
So, you've finally splurged out on a brand-spanking HD home theatre to wow your friends with - along with any strangers who happen to pass by your house window. (Try not to stare as they press their noses forlornly to the glass. You'll only be encouraging them.)
Grab a BlackBerry, a Canon SLR and more!
How Do You Spell 'Fan'? You're not a true geek until you eat, breathe, and live your geeky obsession--the key word here being live. How do you display your geekiness at home? Do you have a poster? A few figurines? Perhaps even Space Invaders wall decals? Well, a few people out there have gone a step further in expressing themselves: They've transformed their homes into übergeek havens, sometimes at great personal expense. Here are some of the geekiest homes and apartments we could find, from a low-impact Hobbit house to a 3.3-million-brick Lego house to a Star Trek apartment.
We help you get a great deal on digital cameras, TVs and smartphones
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
Back in 2006, an entry-level Blu-ray player would set you back $1000 or more. Today, anything over $500 is considered pretty pricey. There has consequently never been a better time to buy a Blu-ray player (don’t you feel smart for waiting?)
Pick up some great bargains.
Best deals of the week: 19 February
An HD home cinema system is only as good as the Blu-ray movie you're watching. Let's face it – while Driving Miss Daisy might be a good film, it's not the best thing to show off your state-of-the-art surround sound system with, is it? Whether you’re a serious audiophile or just want your system to sound its best, you need a movie soundtrack with plenty of 'oomph' behind it. On the other hand, aural light-and-shade is also very important – the best sounding Blu-ray movies aren't necessarily the ones with the biggest explosions!
Apple's iPad is a multi-function device that focuses on multimedia and some productivity apps, but also functions as an e-reader with a new iBook store of EPub format books.
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCAS400 / iSeries EngineerNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- CCSecurity Analyst - Large Federal DepartmentACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCPega DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW