The long-awaited Google Chromecast is now available to purchase in select Australian retail stores for the modest sum of $49. It's a device that can make it very easy for you to enjoy YouTube and other Google content on your big screen TV. It does th...
Home Entertainment - Reviews
Simple music, that’s what Sony’s SRS-X5 is about. The speaker uses Bluetooth technology for the wireless playback of music, while NFC technology enables pairing with the tap of a smartphone or tablet.
The NX-P100 is Yamaha's contribution to the Bluetooth speaker market. Packed into a tiny enclosure is a variety of audio and connectivity features, but is it good enough to warrant a $199 price?
The SC-NP10 is a 21-watt, 2.1 speaker dock best used with tablets, smartphones, ‘phablets’ and computers. It takes up little space and adds cinematic dimension to your mobile device, but there is one reason why recommend simpler alternatives.
UE's Mini Boom produces voluminous sound from a good looking, highly functional and portable body. Two speakers can be paired to form a modular stereo image, and the inclusion of NFC takes the fuss out of Bluetooth pairing.
The Jabra Solemate Mini is an impressive little speaker that provides good sound in both indoor and outdoor environments. It’s priced at around $99, and the speaker’s clarity is good at low-to-mid-level volumes. While it doesn’t look as nice as some ...
The Braven 855s is not only a Bluetooth speaker, it’s a Bluetooth speaker with a rugged enclosure that makes it water resistant and capable of absorbing everyday bumps. You can easily use this speaker outside, in the kitchen, or even in a workshop wi...
Logitech’s UE Boombox is a stylish speaker that uses Bluetooth to wirelessly play your favourite tunes. The $299 speaker is a good looking piece of kit, but will it play your music with enough gusto to get the party started?
Polk Audio is well regarded when it comes to speaker technology, and the company is quite capable of making small speakers that put out a big sound. The Woodbourne stereo speaker system that we're reviewing here is perhaps not that small compared to ...
The Fenda W18BT Swan portable Bluetooth speaker combines 360-degree sound delivery, above average volume levels, and impressive battery life in a small, solidly built and very portable sphere. However, while its form factor is commendable, the device...
The Jawbone Mini Jambox is colourful and compact Bluetooth speaker boasts excellent build quality and produces reasonable sound quality, but it's overpriced and distorts at maximum volume.
Studio Proper, an Australian brand behind the popular Wallee mounting system for smartphones and tablets, is dipping its hat into the Bluetooth audio ring. The company claims its Proper Audio PA1 is the world's first dual Bluetooth pairing wall mount...
The Sonos PLAY:1 wireless speaker packs a significant punch considering its size and produces surprisingly good bass levels, though we would have loved to see a battery-operated option to enhance portability.
Though otherwise a fairly standard NAS box, the AS-304T’s HDMI output and USB keyboard/mouse support allow it to function as a full-featured XMBC media centre.
Soniq’s 23in HD LED LCD TV/DVD combo is a good deal if you’re after a spare TV and media player for anywhere in the home, and you don’t want to pay more than a couple of hundred bucks for one.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD