You've got to love a software company that would actually name a program Fruity Loops. It's now been renamed called FL Studio to rein in the more staid customers, as well as reflect the program's move from a strictly loop-based (arranging looped samp...
Home Entertainment - Reviews
Beyond being available for the Mac once more, the last version of Premiere Pro was low on new features – so more than any other CS4 product, it’s due an upgrade. This is particularly so as it faces strong competition from Apple Final Cut Pro and Avid...
If you're interested in sharing your PowerPoint presentations as DVDs to be played on a DVD player, Wondershare PPT2DVD gives you a simple, no-fuss way to do it.
Not to be confused with the Orbit-MP3, Altec Lansing's orbit MP3 (IM237) is a highly portable speaker designed to share music from MP3 players and notebooks. Boasting a driver that is capable of blasting music at a reasonable volume without distortio...
Let's get the evaluation out of the way up front: Pianissimo is a virtual piano plug-in for your PC that sounds great.
The Regza 46XV500A is Toshiba's flagship LCD television and it has a feature set to match other brands’ best. It combines great picture quality with solid construction, but a few flaws stop it from being the best of the best.
While there are many projectors that fall into the ‘portable’ category, many of them make significant sacrifices in resolution, brightness or colour quality. InFocus’ IN1102 breaks that mould, combining small size and low weight with impressive colou...
If you want more content than is available on Blu-ray and DVDs and from over-the-air broadcasts, you will need to find some way to let your TV access some other form of storage, either locally or over a network. The ScreenPlay TV Link does away with ...
Sony’s MDR-XB40EX in-ear canal-phones are designed for lovers of big bass beats, with great isolation and very low frequency extension. While this makes them well suited to hip hop or drum 'n' bass, they are not as suitable as some other headphones f...
The Gecko Soundbase is a simple iPod dock that combines good mid and upper-range audio definition with a reasonable price and a nice design. Unfortunately, it is let down by a lack of functions and a tedious programming process.
Sony’s MDR-XB500 headphones sit under the MDR-XB700s in the company's line-up, offering slightly inferior specifications but a lower price-tag.
Sony’s xTra Bass range of headphones are designed for bass lovers. You know them well -- they drive through your suburb late at night with drum'n'bass blasting, while windows shake in their frames and family pets hide under tables. Imagine all that a...
When most people think about video cameras, Sanyo is not the first company that comes to mind. For the past decade, the Japanese manufacturer has been content to sit in Sony and Canon’s shadow, producing cheap and basic alternatives to its elite riva...
Adobe Audition 3.0 is a professional-grade digital audio-editing program, with tools that will be essential to recording and mastering engineers, musicians and even forensic scientists.
Recently acquired by Logitech, Ultimate Ears has a long history of producing in-ear monitors (IEMs). It has now brought tailored Super.Fi 5 IEMs to market, providing a viable solution for mobile phones such as the iPhone. The Super.Fi 5vi boasts an i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CCApplication Developer - VB.Net, WCF, Production SupportACT
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- TPIteration Lead - .NetQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTiOS and Android DevelopersSA
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW