The Playbase fits conveniently under your TV, but it’s not the best home theater speaker we’ve heard.
Home Entertainment - Reviews
Panasonic’s set-top boxes can manage free-to-air Freeview channels and play/record to Blu-ray and DVD.
The Nvidia Shield TV, a $200 media streamer and gaming box, doesn't appeal to everyone, and that's okay.
So we may have got a bit excited at the announcement of this device from Plox. But it’s quite natural to regress to a small child when something like this comes along. Yes it’s a levitating Death Star speaker and yes you (and/or your kids) will proba...
Google's Chromecast Ultra quadruples the pixels for double the money, but it lacks the bells and whistles of other high-end steaming devices.
The least-expensive Echo does everything its pricier siblings do, but you should spring for an outboard speaker if you want it to play music.
The Xiaomi Mi Box's $69 price tag and 4K HDR streaming help paper over Android TV's shortcomings.
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote review: A peppier processor makes this streamer worthwhile
Picking the best low-cost media streamer just got a lot more complicated.
Improvements to Roku's high-end set-top boxes don't add up to a better value—unless you need 4K HDR video.
This is a very down and dirty comparison of low-end audio performance on the Apple iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel XL as recorded on a Sony Xperia XZ phone!
The Roku Express hits a new low in streaming box pricing, but it makes big compromises to get there.
We last reviewed Fetch TV’s main set-top box (second generation) two years ago. How things change in that time? Back then we primarily lamented the lack of built-in WiFi – something that would be unthinkable these days - but now the third-generation ...
Now perhaps I wasn’t the target market when Ultimate Ears launched their UE Megaboom Bluetooth speaker. I don’t like partying, the music is always too loud and people can’t hear my witty quips. I’m normally standing uncomfortably at the bar, drinking...
In ye olde days, the Fetch TV came as a chunky box which would only work with some routers under certain conditions over an ADSL connection. Picture quality was poor and so was the channel choice. Not anymore.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCCloud Engineer - Multiple roles - AWS/AzureVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Medical ImagingQLD
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerACT
- CCSeeking a Perl Developer for a 5-10 Day Project!NSW
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW