Sony announced today that it will launch a movie download service for the PlayStation 3 this summer in the US market.
Home Entertainment - News
A court in the Netherlands has ruled against an interpretation of local copyright law that allowed for downloading of copyrighted materials.
Panasonic is moving toward commercialization of OLED (organic light-emitting diode) panels and plans to put TVs with 37-inch OLED screens on sale in the next three years, according to a Japanese newspaper report.
Sony and Sony Ericsson have come out on top of the latest Greenpeace Guide to Greener Electronics, although most companies saw their scores drop due to a new ranking system based on wider criteria.
The Seven Network will be teaming up with TiVo to offer a Personal Video Recorder to Australian customers from July.
The Australian iTunes store is now offering purchasable downloads of popular TV series to its Australian customers.
People who bought songs from Microsoft's now-defunct MSN Music service will get three more years to move the music to new devices and operating systems after a change of course by the company.
EzyDVD, Australia's largest online DVD store, confirmed today that it will be launching a movie download service, EzyDownload. The new service, which has been in active development for five months, is set to be launched in September this year.
Microsoft is moving into the TV advertising realm with the acquisition of Navic Networks, which specializes in delivering targeted, interactive ads to users of digital cable set-top boxes.
In a surprising blow to HDTV adoption, a new survey from Pike & Fischer Broadband Advisory Services showed that of all the "new" services lusted after by consumers today, high-def fell surprisingly short of Internet broadband as the "most desired" te...
Foxtel will officially launch its new high definition television service on Sunday night when it broadcasts the Socceroos World Cup qualifying match against China in Sydney.
Imagine turning a movie into a game instantly, with the audience driving storytelling by defining the character. Advanced Micro Devices wants to make that possible in the future, with the company releasing new graphics chips that allow moviemakers an...
In a quest to make computing more interactive, Intel on Wednesday said it is working on video search technology that it hopes to bring to its future multimedia platforms.
Avid has released its latest family of professional digital video editing systems that it says offers greater speed, responsiveness, reliability and price-performance. The new lineup, which includes next-generation versions of Avid Media Composer (v3...
Virgin Media and the BPI are working together on an 'education campaign' aimed at users believed to be illegally sharing copyrighted files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW