TP-Link’s smart lightbulbs output some 60W at light but with 80 per cent less power as they use LEDs. They are dimmable and, in the case of the LB130, you can set different colours using the internal RGB LEDs.
You may think that being hitched to a tech journalist, with all those free gadgets, is a never-ending thrill for a spouse… you get given decent phones, get to use the latest and greatest TVs and sometimes get to drive in the latest and greatest cars.
Apple is building a new data center in Denmark, and it has some interesting ideas on how to power the data center with renewable energy, while also giving back to the community.
At just $279 for early Kickstarter backers, the Model C is practically an impulse buy. This Picobrew machine also makes sanitization even easier.
Once you’ve had a Carolina-style smoked pork BBQ you’ll want to keep having it. This smoker cooker is the best electric smoker we’ve seen. So if you need a meat smoker, a barbecue grill, a smoker grill or even a charcoal grill check out this Bradley Smoker and enhance your Australian BBQ or grill.
Some presents arrive and take your breath away. As a tech reviewer it’s usually a TV or phone. But none of them can compare to the Gizmo Totz place mat. Just one look at it screamed, “Genius!”
Google makes it as easy as it can to put the world’s knowledge at your fingertips on every screen you touch. With Google Home, it’s trying to extend that reach to casual conversation.
There's no way to review Google Home in isolation. This hyper-aware voice-activated speaker is an Amazon Echo clone, but improves upon the original concept.
It’s cheaper than the only competing color Wi-Fi bulb, but it’s not better.
Australians have a relationship with hot summers and air conditioning that few developed countries can appreciate. And yet it looks like it’s the Russians who have come up with an innovative solution to hot homes and offices.
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
TP-Link's new light bulbs don't require a smart home bridge to control them, letting you get up and running with just one bulb to start.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
Tapping Bluetooth for command and control eliminates the need for a hub, but it also means iLumi's bulbs can't be integrated into connected-home systems. But that could change.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Data AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPSupport Engineer (Security Tools)VIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA