Australians have a relationship with hot summers and air conditioning that few developed countries can appreciate. And yet it looks like it’s the Russians who have come up with an innovative solution to hot homes and offices.
TP-Link's new light bulbs don't require a smart home bridge to control them, letting you get up and running with just one bulb to start.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
Samsung's range is broad enough to fill each room of a home. Each product works on one household ecosystem, most of which can be controlled from a number of Samsung smartphones. This gallery breaks down the various Samsung products coming to Australia in 2014.
The Dyson DC59 Animal offers impressively powerful suction, a lightweight, bag-less design and includes a detachable wand that offers excellent versatility. However, you'll certainly pay a premium for its convenience.
Nescafe's Dolce Gusto Genio coffee machine is one of the first we've seen that makes both hot and cold drinks but the powdered milk capsules won't suit all tastes and can become expensive.
Yesterday, Samsung launched an updated version of its NaviBot robot vacuum cleaner -- the NaviBot S. We’re assuming the S stands for ‘slim’, or ‘sleek’, or ‘smart’ (or maybe ’Skynet’), because the NaviBot S promises some interesting upgrades and more user-friendly features.
The Samsung NaviBot SR8855 is a clever little robot vacuum cleaner that wants to navigate its way through your home and into your heart. It can do all the grunt work while you either control it from the couch or let it clean automatically — even while you're out doing your shopping. Indeed, the future of housework is looking great not only for the busy and the disabled, but also the just plain lazy.
Portable air conditioners are a great, affordable alternative to installing an AC system in your house. They are particularly handy if you live in an apartment or a property you do not own.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTRIM TrainerACT
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- TPImplementation Planner | P90 |$1300/dayQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC