Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
Home Appliances - Features
Despite the hype surrounding the Internet of Things and smart home, one of the industry's largest players, Google's Nest, is struggling to innovate and scale. What’s the problem?
From refrigerators that order groceries to robots that clean house, CES 2016 was full of high-tech appliances that will make our lives a whole lot easier.
Good Gear Guide traveled to Bangkok, Thailand to take a look at the 2012 Samsung Forum, where all the company's latest and greatest products were on display.
Sometimes the best hacks are the unusual ones, and this one is no exception. Becky Stern hacked her Brother KH-930E knitting machine to create any design she made in Photoshop.
The arrival of a Dyson product at the GoodGearGuide offices is always cause for excitement.
We've rounded up some of the coolest concept designs as well as products actually available right now to show you that home appliances aren't boring!
We take a look at the some of the amazing robot vacuum cleaners you can buy to clean your house!
While many household cats hold unshakeable animosity towards the humble robot vacuum cleaner, there are many who have embraced the device.
Even geeks and gadget fans go outside once in a while. This innovative gear will make you the envy of other campers while you're enjoying the great outdoors.
Most modern homes feature a dishwasher -- up to 50 per cent of households in Australia — with many people running their dishwasher up to seven times per week. It is a useful, time-saving home appliance. A quality dishwasher should have a lifesp...
That little Android mascot must be struggling to catch his breath.
Recently we toured Samsung's white goods showroom and had a change to browse the company's range cook tops and ovens.
Recently we had the opportunity to tour Samsung's white goods showroom, including spending some time with the impressive Black SPACE SRS683GDHB refrigerator. According to Samsung there has been an increase in demand for black home appliances and so t...
Cleaning at GoodGearGuide has been a breeze these past few days. No, we haven’t hired a janitor to keep the Test Centre clean -- but Samsung lent us theirs. Allow us introduce you to the Samsung NaviBot; a sophisticated robot vacuum cleaner sent back...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Business Finance LeadQLD
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW