TP-Link’s smart lightbulbs output some 60W at light but with 80 per cent less power as they use LEDs. They are dimmable and, in the case of the LB130, you can set different colours using the internal RGB LEDs.
You may think that being hitched to a tech journalist, with all those free gadgets, is a never-ending thrill for a spouse… you get given decent phones, get to use the latest and greatest TVs and sometimes get to drive in the latest and greatest cars.
Apple is building a new data center in Denmark, and it has some interesting ideas on how to power the data center with renewable energy, while also giving back to the community.
At just $279 for early Kickstarter backers, the Model C is practically an impulse buy. This Picobrew machine also makes sanitization even easier.
Once you’ve had a Carolina-style smoked pork BBQ you’ll want to keep having it. This smoker cooker is the best electric smoker we’ve seen. So if you need a meat smoker, a barbecue grill, a smoker grill or even a charcoal grill check out this Bradley Smoker and enhance your Australian BBQ or grill.
Some presents arrive and take your breath away. As a tech reviewer it’s usually a TV or phone. But none of them can compare to the Gizmo Totz place mat. Just one look at it screamed, “Genius!”
Google makes it as easy as it can to put the world’s knowledge at your fingertips on every screen you touch. With Google Home, it’s trying to extend that reach to casual conversation.
There's no way to review Google Home in isolation. This hyper-aware voice-activated speaker is an Amazon Echo clone, but improves upon the original concept.
It’s cheaper than the only competing color Wi-Fi bulb, but it’s not better.
Australians have a relationship with hot summers and air conditioning that few developed countries can appreciate. And yet it looks like it’s the Russians who have come up with an innovative solution to hot homes and offices.
Here’s how an Amazon Echo, Tap, or Echo Dot can light up your smart home.
TP-Link's new light bulbs don't require a smart home bridge to control them, letting you get up and running with just one bulb to start.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
Tapping Bluetooth for command and control eliminates the need for a hub, but it also means iLumi's bulbs can't be integrated into connected-home systems. But that could change.
Highlighting the latest in cybersecurity news and features.
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- The Pico Model C is the beer-brewing appliance for price-conscious beginners
- TP-Link's new Wi-Fi light bulbs shun smart bridges for easier, cheaper setup
- Nissan charges after Tesla with home battery system
- iLumi's BR30 Outdoor color-tunable smart bulb will bring programmable lighting to your yard this summer
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- Picture Perfect: OPPO prepare their boldest smartphone yet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Full stack Developer (Java)ACT
- FTLead Agile BAOther
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure System Specialist - BrisbaneNSW
- TPChange Lead | UtilitiesQLD
- FTSenior Insight AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager, Capital WorksNSW
- FTStorage Operations ManagerOther
- FTProject Manager/LeaderSA
- CCData Warehouse Architect - Start JUNE 18QLD
- FTIT Program ManagerOther
- TPService Now Developer/AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- TPOracle EBS/Java DeveloperQLD
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)Other
- TPChange Management OfficerQLD
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - Health PASQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - Contract until 30 June 2018QLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTProcurement sales managerOther
- CCAPI Application EngineerVIC
- FT.Net Analyst ProgrammerSA
- TPPurchasing Officer - SAPWA