Following the release of the first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for the iPhone -- Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 -- German GPS manufacturer Navigon has launched its MobileNavigator app in Australia.
GPS & Car Tech - Reviews
LG's GM730f smartphone is exclusive to Telstra, which is also the first telco in the world to offer it. It's a Windows Mobile handset overlaid with a version of LG's S-Class interface. It runs the 6.1 version of Windows Mobile, but will be upgradeabl...
Just the third Google Android mobile phone to be released in Australia, HTC's Hero smartphone takes the platform to new heights. It follows on from the HTC Dream and the HTC Magic with Google. Featuring HTC's Sense user interface, the Hero is without...
Hot on the heels of the original Samsung Omnia i900 launched in 2008, Samsung is back with the Samsung Omnia Icon smartphone. Known as the Samsung Omnia II or the Samsung Omnia i8000 internationally, the Omnia Icon smartphone raises the bar with a ma...
After refreshing its entry-level ONE GPS unit (now called the ONE 140 IQ Routes Edition), TomTom has also upgraded its widescreen model: the TomTom XL 340. This is the second low-end TomTom GPS unit to use the company’s new IQ Routes technology, and ...
Navigon's 4350max is claimed to be one of the first GPS units on the market that learns from driving habits to plan a route, thanks to MyRoutes technology. The company's new flagship GPS device also boasts Bluetooth hands-free capabilities, Lane Assi...
Boasting an 8-megapixel camera with an LED flash and Schneider-Kreuznach lens, LG's Viewty Smart is the second mobile phone to feature LG's S-Class 3D user interface.
The first turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for the iPhone is finally here. Whereis provides the Australian maps for Sygic Mobile Maps 2009, and despite plenty of bugs that need to be ironed out this app is a good first effort.
Nokia's most anticipated mobile phone since the N95, the Nokia N97 smartphone combines a touch screen with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
The successor to the Touch Pro, HTC's Touch Pro2 offers a larger display and a new design that unfortunately makes it larger and heavier than its predecessor. The good news is that this is a faster and more intuitive smartphone to operate, it possess...
A successor to the original Touch Diamond, HTC's Touch Diamond 2 offers a larger display and an all-new design but most importantly its a faster and far more pleasing smartphone to use than its predecessor.
Loaded with features for the serious runner, the Garmin Forerunner 405CX is a premium GPS watch aimed at the enthusiast end of the market.
TomTom has refreshed its low-end ONE GPS units, and the entry-level unit is now the TomTom ONE 140 IQ Routes Edition. As its name suggests, this is the first low-end TomTom GPS unit to use the company’s new IQ Routes technology, and it also boasts ad...
Google is mapping the world one street at a time.
Sony Ericsson's W715 Walkman phone is a similar handset to the Sony Ericsson W705, with the exception of built-in aGPS, Vodafone-exclusive branding, and the addition of the Wayfinder Navigator application. The W715 also has a 'galactic black' design,...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTP3O SpecialistACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTServer EngineerSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTBI Developers - 4 positionsQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW