If you're like me, you're well used to navigating the world with a GPS mapping app on your smartphone. But have you ever given a thought to the work that goes into getting all that information into the map? It's a lot more than just photographing str...
GPS & Car Tech - News
Nokia's new Here Maps for iPhone and iPad launched in the App Store Monday, the latest offering in the flood of navigation apps trying to take advantage of widespread dissatisfaction with Apple's new native Maps app that, in iOS 6, replaced Google as...
Nokia is planning to release an iOS app of its Maps service in the next couple of weeks
Taiwanese defense officials will ask Apple to blur satellite imagery of a previously unknown radar facility meant to provide early warning in case of a missile attack from mainland China, after the installation was accidentally outted on Apple's new ...
Good news for Dora the Explorer and other map fans: Google Maps now, for the first time, offers Street View when you access the service from Safari on an iOS device.
Consumers ranked Google Maps better than Apple's new homegrown mapping technology by more than 2 to 1 on Twitter, a social media analytics company said today.
Motorola Mobility, a division of Google, has created an ad that mocks the troubled Apple Maps application in iOS 6.
Is Apple's Maps application in iOS 6 as bad as everybody says? Let's find out?
Want basic driving directions? Help finding cheap gas? A cool way to create a digital scrapbook of your latest trip? Android has an app for that, and more
Google and the New South Wales State Government have today announced that public transport directions in Sydney are now available through Google Maps.
GPS navigation device manufacturer, TomTom, is targeting drivers of larger vehicles with the launch of its 6in Via 620 GPS unit.
On Wednesday's Windows Phone Developer Summit, Microsoft announced that Windows Phone 8 would use Nokia's mapping technology--the same mapping software you find on phones like the Lumia 900.
As expected, Apple has announced its own mapping solution for iOS 6, featuring real-time traffic conditions, turn-by-turn navigation, Yelp integration, vector graphics, and 3D flyovers. The new Maps app, due out this fall with iOS 6,
Apple on Monday announced that it was developing a new mapping service from the ground up, with the company doing the cartography by itself.
Nokia has announced it will supply traffic information and geocoding algorithms to Microsoft's Bing Maps, allowing users to learn about incidents that might disrupt their journeys and find better travel routes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- FTMicrosoft SQL DBAVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW