If you're like me, you're well used to navigating the world with a GPS mapping app on your smartphone. But have you ever given a thought to the work that goes into getting all that information into the map? It's a lot more than just photographing str...
GPS & Car Tech - News
Nokia's new Here Maps for iPhone and iPad launched in the App Store Monday, the latest offering in the flood of navigation apps trying to take advantage of widespread dissatisfaction with Apple's new native Maps app that, in iOS 6, replaced Google as...
Nokia is planning to release an iOS app of its Maps service in the next couple of weeks
Taiwanese defense officials will ask Apple to blur satellite imagery of a previously unknown radar facility meant to provide early warning in case of a missile attack from mainland China, after the installation was accidentally outted on Apple's new ...
Good news for Dora the Explorer and other map fans: Google Maps now, for the first time, offers Street View when you access the service from Safari on an iOS device.
Consumers ranked Google Maps better than Apple's new homegrown mapping technology by more than 2 to 1 on Twitter, a social media analytics company said today.
Motorola Mobility, a division of Google, has created an ad that mocks the troubled Apple Maps application in iOS 6.
Is Apple's Maps application in iOS 6 as bad as everybody says? Let's find out?
Want basic driving directions? Help finding cheap gas? A cool way to create a digital scrapbook of your latest trip? Android has an app for that, and more
Google and the New South Wales State Government have today announced that public transport directions in Sydney are now available through Google Maps.
GPS navigation device manufacturer, TomTom, is targeting drivers of larger vehicles with the launch of its 6in Via 620 GPS unit.
On Wednesday's Windows Phone Developer Summit, Microsoft announced that Windows Phone 8 would use Nokia's mapping technology--the same mapping software you find on phones like the Lumia 900.
As expected, Apple has announced its own mapping solution for iOS 6, featuring real-time traffic conditions, turn-by-turn navigation, Yelp integration, vector graphics, and 3D flyovers. The new Maps app, due out this fall with iOS 6,
Apple on Monday announced that it was developing a new mapping service from the ground up, with the company doing the cartography by itself.
Nokia has announced it will supply traffic information and geocoding algorithms to Microsoft's Bing Maps, allowing users to learn about incidents that might disrupt their journeys and find better travel routes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Change Analyst - Major IT Transformation**NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps LeadVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Level 2Other
- TPStakeholder Engagement Specialist - Change Manager - HealthQLD
- FTWeb Designer | DeveloperSA
- FTPMO - Business Process ConsultantOther
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTSenior Application Support Consultant (2IC)QLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCFleet Management System Specialist - Brisbane or AdelaideWA
- CCPerformance Test Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Service EconomicsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Lead - Digital StrategistOther
- CCSAP ISU - DM ConsultantVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Testing Program - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Risk Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTICT System TrainersACT