One of the most frustrating and crammed stretches of highway for drivers in the nation runs between New Jersey and North Carolina on Interstate 95, and GPS-based real-time traffic technology is being called to the rescue starting this summer.
GPS & Car Tech - News
Google has created a real-time viewer that allows users to watch as other users around the world make changes to locations on the maps, the company announced Thursday.
Google's Maps application is making headway against the number-one ranked map Web site Mapquest, according to an analyst from Hitwise, which examines Internet usage data.
Google is coming for you. In fact, Google's minions are driving Chevy Cobalts with roof-mounted 360-degree digital cameras, and they want to take your picture. Smile! You're on Googlecam.
The GPS gold rush is in full swing at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show, with industry veterans introducing increasingly sophisticated navigation systems while newcomers try to get a foot in the door.
Silicon vendor Atheros Communications has agreed to acquire u-Nav Microelectronics, a GPS (Global Positioning System) chip maker, for approximately $US54 million in cash and stock, the companies announced after the close of trading Thursday.
Cambridge Silicon Radio PLC, a designer of wireless chips, will buy two software companies whose technology it claims will drop the cost of putting GPS into mobile devices.
GPS products maker Garmin has pulled out of its bidding war to buy digital maps company Tele Atlas, and instead extended its contract with rival maps company Navteq.
The European initiative to build a system of satellites rivaling the U.S. GPS system, dubbed 'Galileo,' is finally moving forward.
The Australian National University (ANU) is conducting a world-first program to digitally map the southern sky using a specially constructed telescope called Skymapper, and in another global first will provide the data free to the world via a virtual...
In the face of ethical concerns, Google is considering changes to its Street View Google Maps feature that would protect the privacy of those it photographs.
Wachovia is working on a project of staggering scope: A 3-D map of the firm's data-center operations.
Hitachi has launched a microsite specifically dedicated to GPS to coincide with the launch of their latest units.
Navman has launched an entire new range of GPS units, dubbed the S-Series. Focused heavily on a stylish and intelligent design, the new units boast a number of new features, including a totally redesigned interface and the latest 2007 R14 Sensis maps...
Nokia announced this week the latest version of its Linux-based tablet device, this time with a full keyboard.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTTIBCO Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA