TomTom's acquisition of mapping company Tele Atlas has dragged on longer than expected, held up by an investigation by the European Union's antitrust authority, which must approve the merger. TomTom has extended its offer for another two months.
GPS & Car Tech - News
Australia has finally joined Google Transit more than two years after its US launch.
Founded in 1935, Roto-Rooter Group has flushed out the competition because its plumbers arrive on the same day of a cry for help to clear a clog or fix a leak.
The latest addition to the Pioneer navigation range is the AVIC-F500BT, a system that combines the power of an in-dash navigation unit with the convenience of a portable device.
Prediction markets are known to forecast the outcome of elections more accurately than polls. Now Google is using an internal prediction market to improve business decisions and learn how employees exchange information.
GPS navigation vendor TomTom today announced a new line of devices that will use real-world traffic data to produce more realistic calculations of the fastest driving routes.
Finder technology developed by a location-based services developer in Melbourne, Tenzeng, is being rolled out in seven countries across the globe.
Sony Ericsson used the GSM Mobile World Conference to launch two new mobile broadband ExpressCards. The EC400 and EC400g simply slide into a laptop's Expresscard slot to allow 7.2Mbps (megabits per second) in download and 2Mbps uploads.
Location-based services appeared here, there and everywhere at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week, as service providers maneuvered to take advantage of the increasing number of mobile phones shipping with integrated GPS (Global Position...
Yahoo yesterday launched a new mashup that allows users to follow news in 3-D as it happens all over the world.
Sony Ericsson, which historically has created phones around the Symbian operating system, jumped quietly onto the Windows Mobile bandwagon with the announcement here Monday of its Xperian X1 smartphone.
SatNav Technologies, the GPS service provider, launched One India Integrated map in the Indian market.
Microsoft has bought Caligari, a developer of 3D modeling software, in a move that could help enrich the graphics experience in Microsoft's Virtual Earth mapping system.
The Discovery Channel has launched a cool Web application that gives users a three-dimensional view of planet Earth and lets them manipulate the globe with near-real-time views of the clouds, water vapor and rainfall.
You may drive a sporty new car with the latest in gizmotronics, but to your kids (and grandkids) it will look like a Stanley Steamer. At last November's Los Angeles Car Show, eight major carmakers rolled out their visions of how vehicles will look in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Manager Performance & ControlsQLD
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW