Telstra today announced the addition of live traffic updates to its Whereis Navigator GPS application, bringing the mobile phone service in line with many in-car GPS units.
GPS & Car Tech - News
GPS device maker TomTom has shot back at Microsoft with a claim of patent infringement, after the software giant raised concerns in the Linux community with a recent lawsuit against TomTom.
Google Earth 5.0 is a fun and free way to waste time, and now it's even better with the updated Mars in Google Earth, a 3D mapping tool that lets astronomy buffs and armchair astronauts roam the Red Planet.
For millions of people a trip in their cars means tuning into local radio. But what if you're traveling and want to catch a station from back home? FM stations don't reach more than about a hundred kilometers, so on long journeys you're usually out o...
Navigon took a shortcut to the launch of its new range of personal navigation devices, unveiling them at Cebit a day before the giant trade show opens. The company also demonstrated two new voice features it says make driving safer and easier.
Microsoft's lawsuit against a Linux-based technology vendor TomTom over alleged patent violations could signal a more aggressive stance by the software giant over IP issues or could be just an isolated case involving a dispute with one vendor.
Microsoft on Wednesday filed a lawsuit against TomTom, alleging that the GPS vendor's in-car navigation devices infringe on its patents.
A privacy group is calling Google's new mapping application an "unnecessary danger" to users' security and privacy.
Need to know in real time which service truck is closest to a customer's location? Want to know whether your daughter really is at the library or how your friend is progressing on a trip through the Barossa Valley?
Google has added yet another feature to Google Maps this week with the launch of the Transit Layer, which allows users to see public transport routes in 50 cities internationally.
Some map makers have found a way to draw people to their detail-oriented field: have a party.
Golfers, take note. Garmin's newest GPS line may not improve your handicap, but at least you'll know exactly where the greens are. The Approach G5, the first Garmin touch-screen handheld designed for golfers, will come preloaded with detailed maps fo...
Online mapping service to offer detailed beach information. From 4 December Australian beachgoers will be given access to detailed beach information through the Whereis mapping Web site. The maps, which were compiled in association with Surf Life Sa...
TomTom has launched a free online route planner. Currently available in a closed beta testing program, the route planner lets users create a door-to-door route that uses 500 billion historic speed measurements taken from across the world, along with ...
New software has been released that turns GPS enabled GSM mobile phones into sophisticated personal tracking devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Samsung is prepping a software update to cap Note7 charging to 60 percent
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- TPSupport Engineer (Security Tools)VIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- FTSenior Data Engineer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCdevOps EngineerNSW