They’re rugged, small and usually quite ugly. Off-road GPS devices remain unfamiliar to most, but they can be useful for novice and experienced bushwalkers alike. Although there aren’t as many players in the off-road market, the product range still r...
GPS & Car Tech - Features
Navigon, one of the world’s leading providers of navigation systems, has launched its first portable navigation systems for the Australian market.
Maps from centuries past, paths of satellites whizzing by, global warming brought to life: User-created Google Earth mashups present a dizzying array of information in a new and imaginative graphical form.
For small businesses, every bit of exposure is worth its weight in gold. In Australia, statistics show that there were nearly 1.93 million small businesses in 2006–07, representing about 96 per cent of all active businesses in the country.
Two weeks ago, Intelematics launched the SUNA Traffic System in Sydney and Brisbane. Although the channel has been in use in Melbourne over the past year the technology is relatively new to Australia, particularly in comparison to Europe and North Am...
The AVIC-F500BT and the AVIC-F900BT are Pioneer's next generation of in-car integrated solutions. The AVIC-F series combines in-car entertainment systems with the latest in navigation technology and information systems. Both units offer a complete au...
TomTom Australia has recently unveiled its latest, top-of-the-range portable navigation device. The GO 930 includes the latest maps of 37 countries, features enhanced positioning technology (EPT) for uninterrupted navigation in tunnels, and comes pac...
With summer finally upon us, the sunshine's (sort of) beating down. The weather's getting (a bit) hotter, and so are the gadgets. Here's our top nine products announces in Japan this month.
Geolocation, or geotagging, of photos seems to be all the rage at the moment. It allows users to add GPS data to their photos, so that mapping software can recognise and pinpoint the location where the photo was taken. It lets users search, locate, o...
As consumer demand for GPS increases, many mobile makers are squeezing satellite navigation into their devices. Check out these 10 new GPS smart phones.
GPS (Global Positioning System) technology is all the buzz at the moment and although the space is continuing to grow, there are a plethora of options available on the Australian market. What's the best one for you?
GPS (Global Positioning System) technology has been around for decades. However, it's only over the past few years that most people instantly connect GPS with in-car navigators. These nifty devices ensure that you'll be able to throw away the old str...
Quick looks at the coolest new devices for the Apple fans in your life.
The new year began with the tech blow-out that is the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Many of the big Asian tech companies were at the event showing their latest gadgets, and some interesting new technology that will be availabl...
The Web has been in 2.0 mode for a while now, and in-car tech is starting to follow suit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
- It's official: iOS 10 launches with huge improvements to iMessage, Apple Music, Siri, and more
- Goodbye GPS? DARPA preparing alternative position-tracking technology
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTWireless Networking ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - MurwillumbahNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware and Applications Programmer (Java Developer)ACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC