The Discovery Channel has launched a cool Web application that gives users a three-dimensional view of planet Earth and lets them manipulate the globe with near-real-time views of the clouds, water vapor and rainfall.
GPS Advisor - News
You may drive a sporty new car with the latest in gizmotronics, but to your kids (and grandkids) it will look like a Stanley Steamer. At last November's Los Angeles Car Show, eight major carmakers rolled out their visions of how vehicles will look in...
One of the most frustrating and crammed stretches of highway for drivers in the nation runs between New Jersey and North Carolina on Interstate 95, and GPS-based real-time traffic technology is being called to the rescue starting this summer.
Google has created a real-time viewer that allows users to watch as other users around the world make changes to locations on the maps, the company announced Thursday.
Google's Maps application is making headway against the number-one ranked map Web site Mapquest, according to an analyst from Hitwise, which examines Internet usage data.
Google is coming for you. In fact, Google's minions are driving Chevy Cobalts with roof-mounted 360-degree digital cameras, and they want to take your picture. Smile! You're on Googlecam.
The GPS gold rush is in full swing at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show, with industry veterans introducing increasingly sophisticated navigation systems while newcomers try to get a foot in the door.
Silicon vendor Atheros Communications has agreed to acquire u-Nav Microelectronics, a GPS (Global Positioning System) chip maker, for approximately $US54 million in cash and stock, the companies announced after the close of trading Thursday.
Cambridge Silicon Radio PLC, a designer of wireless chips, will buy two software companies whose technology it claims will drop the cost of putting GPS into mobile devices.
GPS products maker Garmin has pulled out of its bidding war to buy digital maps company Tele Atlas, and instead extended its contract with rival maps company Navteq.
The European initiative to build a system of satellites rivaling the U.S. GPS system, dubbed 'Galileo,' is finally moving forward.
The Australian National University (ANU) is conducting a world-first program to digitally map the southern sky using a specially constructed telescope called Skymapper, and in another global first will provide the data free to the world via a virtual...
In the face of ethical concerns, Google is considering changes to its Street View Google Maps feature that would protect the privacy of those it photographs.
Wachovia is working on a project of staggering scope: A 3-D map of the firm's data-center operations.
Hitachi has launched a microsite specifically dedicated to GPS to coincide with the launch of their latest units.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GPS system could begin to fail within a year
- SUNA improves iPhone GPS traffic updates
- Telstra launches Whereis Navigator Traffic
- TomTom sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Google Earth now shows latest images of Mars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS