Garmin has announced its entrance into the mobile phone market with the nuvifone – an all-in-one touch screen device that combines a phone, mobile Web-browser, and personal navigator.
GPS Advisor - News
Yahoo! India introduced a new service for the first time in India - maps in local Indian languages and walking directions.
TomTom's acquisition of mapping company Tele Atlas has dragged on longer than expected, held up by an investigation by the European Union's antitrust authority, which must approve the merger. TomTom has extended its offer for another two months.
Australia has finally joined Google Transit more than two years after its US launch.
Founded in 1935, Roto-Rooter Group has flushed out the competition because its plumbers arrive on the same day of a cry for help to clear a clog or fix a leak.
The latest addition to the Pioneer navigation range is the AVIC-F500BT, a system that combines the power of an in-dash navigation unit with the convenience of a portable device.
Prediction markets are known to forecast the outcome of elections more accurately than polls. Now Google is using an internal prediction market to improve business decisions and learn how employees exchange information.
GPS navigation vendor TomTom today announced a new line of devices that will use real-world traffic data to produce more realistic calculations of the fastest driving routes.
Finder technology developed by a location-based services developer in Melbourne, Tenzeng, is being rolled out in seven countries across the globe.
Sony Ericsson used the GSM Mobile World Conference to launch two new mobile broadband ExpressCards. The EC400 and EC400g simply slide into a laptop's Expresscard slot to allow 7.2Mbps (megabits per second) in download and 2Mbps uploads.
Location-based services appeared here, there and everywhere at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week, as service providers maneuvered to take advantage of the increasing number of mobile phones shipping with integrated GPS (Global Position...
Yahoo yesterday launched a new mashup that allows users to follow news in 3-D as it happens all over the world.
Sony Ericsson, which historically has created phones around the Symbian operating system, jumped quietly onto the Windows Mobile bandwagon with the announcement here Monday of its Xperian X1 smartphone.
SatNav Technologies, the GPS service provider, launched One India Integrated map in the Indian market.
Microsoft has bought Caligari, a developer of 3D modeling software, in a move that could help enrich the graphics experience in Microsoft's Virtual Earth mapping system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GPS system could begin to fail within a year
- SUNA improves iPhone GPS traffic updates
- Telstra launches Whereis Navigator Traffic
- TomTom sues Microsoft for patent infringement
- Google Earth now shows latest images of Mars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- TPProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- FTProject AnalystNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC