The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has revealed it will oppose a proposed merger between TPG and Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA).
A coalition of digital rights groups has called for the government’s draft surveillance bill to be scrapped wholesale, saying that it “effectively enacts insecurity by design” and will create “extremely broad powers with almost no oversight without any substantive justification”.
The government this morning unveiled an exposure draft of its much-anticipated legislative response to the increased use of encrypted communications services.
The Federal Government has published the changes it proposes in order to access encrypted communications.
Companies that provide communications services to Australians could be compelled to build new capabilities to help law enforcement agencies access information about how their services are being used, under a draft bill released today by the government.
Huawei Technologies will increase annual spending on R&D to between US$15 billion and US$20 billion, as it races to be a global leader in 5G.
MyRepublic has paid penalties totalling $25,200 following the ACCC issuing two infringement notices for alleged false or misleading representations about its NBN service performance.
Labor has called on the government to extend the opt-out window that allows Australians to request they are not enrolled in the national eHealth record system.
Regardless of whether the government chooses to go forward and ban Huawei from being involved with Australia's next-generation of 5G networks, there will almost certainly be repercussions here that could affect Australian consumers.
Huawei Australia chairman John Lord used his address at the National Press Club in Canberra today to speak out against what he says are ‘myths’ about the Chinese technology company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 ASUS TUF FX505 (Ryzen 7) review: Tolerable trade-offs
- 2 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- ACCC opposes TPG-Vodafone merger
- Digital rights groups call for government to scrap surveillance bill
- Encryption: Has the government stuck to its ‘no backdoors’ pledge?
- Federal Govt releases proposed reform to access encrypted communications
- New law to force tech companies to build features for police
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies