The suspected CIA spying tools that WikiLeaks has dumped have been linked to hacking attempts on at least 40 targets in 16 countries, according to security firm Symantec.
Annoyed with the U.S. missile strike last week on an airfield in Syria, among other things, hacker group Shadow Brokers resurfaced on Saturday and released what they said was the password to files containing suspected National Security Agency tools they had earlier tried to sell.
When the source code to suspected Russian-made malware leaked online in 2013, guess who used it? A new release from WikiLeaks claims the CIA borrowed some of the code to bolster its own hacking operations.
Twitter has withdrawn a lawsuit it filed on Thursday against the U.S. government after the U.S. Customs and Border Protection withdrew a demand that it reveal details about a Twitter account that is critical of the agency.
Twitter is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and alleging the government is misusing an investigative tool as part of an internal witch-hunt to uncover who is behind a Twitter account that is critical of the immigration service.
Two GoFundMe campaigns have raised more than US$290,000 in an effort to buy the web browsing histories of U.S. politicians after Congress voted to allow broadband providers to sell customers' personal information without their permission.
The win in Ecuador’s presidential elections of leftist government candidate Lenin Moreno will likely have provided relief to WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange, who had been threatened with eviction from the country’s embassy in London by the opposition candidate.
WikiLeaks may have dealt another blow to the CIA’s hacking operations by releasing files that allegedly show how the agency was masking its malware attacks.
Future U.S. elections may very well face Russian attempts to interfere with the outcome, the FBI and the National Security Agency warned on Monday.
While President Trump’s budget proposal is just that – a spending plan for Congress to consider – industry experts say it could translate into big cuts for renewable energy.
When governments turn to private hackers to carry out state-sponsored attacks, as the FBI alleges Russia did in the 2014 breach of Yahoo, they're taking a big risk.
A contentious piece of U.S. law giving the National Security Agency broad authority to spy on people overseas expires at the end of the year.
An event hosted by the government at Cisco Live led to multiple discussions around a room of female tech leaders. Here are the main conclusions...
Information about purported CIA cyberattacks was "passed around" among members of the U.S. intelligence community and contractors before it was published by WikiLeaks this week, Julian Assange says.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- Angry Shadow Brokers release password for suspected NSA hacking tools
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
- Twitter pulls lawsuit after US government backs down
- Twitter sues the US government for demanding it unmask an 'alt' account
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOACT
- TPSenior ConsultantNSW
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCWCEM DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTJunior - Mid Level Application Support ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- FTSecurity Dev Ops and Java DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Administration AssistantACT
- CCSAP EAM Business Analyst / ProcessNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC