The suspected CIA spying tools that WikiLeaks has dumped have been linked to hacking attempts on at least 40 targets in 16 countries, according to security firm Symantec.
Annoyed with the U.S. missile strike last week on an airfield in Syria, among other things, hacker group Shadow Brokers resurfaced on Saturday and released what they said was the password to files containing suspected National Security Agency tools they had earlier tried to sell.
When the source code to suspected Russian-made malware leaked online in 2013, guess who used it? A new release from WikiLeaks claims the CIA borrowed some of the code to bolster its own hacking operations.
Twitter has withdrawn a lawsuit it filed on Thursday against the U.S. government after the U.S. Customs and Border Protection withdrew a demand that it reveal details about a Twitter account that is critical of the agency.
Twitter is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and alleging the government is misusing an investigative tool as part of an internal witch-hunt to uncover who is behind a Twitter account that is critical of the immigration service.
Two GoFundMe campaigns have raised more than US$290,000 in an effort to buy the web browsing histories of U.S. politicians after Congress voted to allow broadband providers to sell customers' personal information without their permission.
The win in Ecuador’s presidential elections of leftist government candidate Lenin Moreno will likely have provided relief to WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange, who had been threatened with eviction from the country’s embassy in London by the opposition candidate.
WikiLeaks may have dealt another blow to the CIA’s hacking operations by releasing files that allegedly show how the agency was masking its malware attacks.
Future U.S. elections may very well face Russian attempts to interfere with the outcome, the FBI and the National Security Agency warned on Monday.
While President Trump’s budget proposal is just that – a spending plan for Congress to consider – industry experts say it could translate into big cuts for renewable energy.
When governments turn to private hackers to carry out state-sponsored attacks, as the FBI alleges Russia did in the 2014 breach of Yahoo, they're taking a big risk.
A contentious piece of U.S. law giving the National Security Agency broad authority to spy on people overseas expires at the end of the year.
An event hosted by the government at Cisco Live led to multiple discussions around a room of female tech leaders. Here are the main conclusions...
Information about purported CIA cyberattacks was "passed around" among members of the U.S. intelligence community and contractors before it was published by WikiLeaks this week, Julian Assange says.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- Angry Shadow Brokers release password for suspected NSA hacking tools
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
- Twitter pulls lawsuit after US government backs down
- Twitter sues the US government for demanding it unmask an 'alt' account
PCW Evaluation Team
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCSenior Magento DeveloperVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW