While ATI continues to dominate the mid-range GPU market, NVIDIA is still Mr. Big when it comes to high-end graphics cards. Its top-shelf offerings continue to deliver the best results in 3-D gaming and it remains the brand of choice for many hardcor...
Games - Reviews
In the vein of System Shock and Metroid Prime, Moon is a heart-pounding first-person shooter tailor-made for gamers who crave sci-fi adventure. You take on the commanding role of a special space-based task force assigned to a lunar investigation when...
Rise of the Argonauts wanted so very badly to be a thrilling action adventure and sought to draw gamers in with a combination of entertaining gameplay and stunning visuals. However, this adventure falls flat with a disappointing mix of substandard gr...
From the moment I popped the installation DVD into my computer, I knew that Grand Theft Auto IV PC was going to be a tough title to review.
Shaun White's Wii debut bests its high-powered console counterparts, while giving gamers the best reason yet to break out their balance boards.
Shaun White (aka The Flying Tomato) is a world-renowned snowboard/skateboard superstar, so it was only a matter of time before he finally got his own video game following in the footsteps of Tony Hawk.
Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon fills me with a sense of dread. All the series' trademark humour and inventive gameplay has been woefully absent since Destroy All Humans 2, and Path of the Furon is no different. Much like 1970s pop culture, the...
Neopets Puzzle Adventure only delivers half of what it promises in the title. While the puzzle elements show a faint bit of innovation, everything else in the game feels too simple and kid-oriented, even for casual gamers. Oddly enough, Neopets Puzzl...
Even if you're a hardcore Pokemon freak, minor gameplay changes and a yawn-inducing story means this kiddy DS title just isn't worth the price for more seasoned gamers.
Itching for a little Hack 'N' Slash now that Titan Quest is getting old and Diablo III is still a long way off? Well then Sacred 2 might be your best bet.
There was a time when the thought of karaoke in the living room filled regular, right-minded people with the utmost dread. With the exception of masochists, why would anyone want to subject themselves to the unmusical warbling of their friends and fa...
I was never a huge fan of the original Prince of Persia games, but when the series was reborn in 2003's The Sands of Time, I quickly became a fanboy. The ensuing trilogy on the PS2 and Xbox took the Prince's plaforming roots and turned them into full...
Around 10 years ago the concept of an overclocked retail PC was something associated only with dodgy dealers looking to sell a slower CPU for a higher price. It was generally frowned upon by non-enthusiasts, as components weren't as reliable when ove...
When Square Enix re-releases RPG games, they often tread a fine line between creating thoughtful remakes or hatred-inspiring rehashes. I'm happy to report that Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, a PS2 port of a GBA game, falls in the former categor...
Monster Lab is a new role-playing title that puts you in the shoes of a Frankenstein-like mad scientist looking to create life. Much like Frankenstein himself, Eidos' Monster Lab allows you to construct various forms of monstrous life through a combi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Destiny 2: The 5 key things PC gamers need to know
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft's Phantom Dust remaster brings the cult Xbox classic to PCs, for free
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTInformation Architect / Data Architect- ETL, BINSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- FTChange ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst- Wollongong, Loftus, Sutherland ShireNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCMid-level Business Process Analyst (Automation) - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCThe job "Solution Designer with PEGA experience- Telco" is now ExpiredVIC
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCData Migration Lead | Recruitment Focus | DocklandsVIC
- FTDevelopment and Delivery Manager - CloudACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer - SymfonyQLD