Exploring Prey's mammoth Talos I space station and discovering its secrets is a constant source of joy, even when the combat and story falter.
Games - Reviews
Everything asks you to contemplate your place in the universe by experiencing the point-of-view of hundreds of other creatures, plants, and objects.
Outlast 2 has a few solid horror moments, but undermines those scares with tedious gameplay.
Double Fine gives LucasArts cult classic Full Throttle the warts-and-all remaster treatment. The problem? Full Throttle has a lot of warts.
There have been a fair few reviews of this game which treat it as a regular video game and as such find it a long, tedious grind. We’re 50 hours in. We’ve probably not got nearly as far as other people in that time, but there’s a very good reason for...
With the original Bulletstorm port basically broken on PC after the demise of Games for Windows Live, it's a bit rough for Gearbox to ask people to pay up for a working version—remaster or no remaster.
Playtonic's Kickstarter promised a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie and that's what Yooka-Laylee delivers, flaws and all.
Mass Effect: Andromeda has literally an entire galaxy's worth of potential, but squanders it on meaningless missions and awkward dialogue.
Rock Band VR drops you in the rhinestone boots of your favorite guitarists and puts the Oculus Touch controllers to a weird, but perfect, use.
If you've played Lego games before, you'll get the hang of this one quickly.
I have a confession: when I first saw Horizon Zero Dawn back in 2015 I let out a big ostentatious yawn to signal that I was unimpressed.
Still obsessed with exploding organs and a pseudo B-movie vibe, Sniper Elite 4 nevertheless improves upon its predecessor in every way—enormous maps, better stealth systems, and more good ol' American freedom.
Watch Dogs 2 is as big a series-defining comeback as Assassin's Creed II was back in 2009—and it does it by burning away all the worst parts of Ubisoft's formula.
Dishonored 2 has some of the most creative levels ever seen in a stealth game, but it might as well not exist if you're struggling with the PC version's performance issues.
Planet Coaster is one of the best "builder" games ever made, with powerful tools that enable players to create practically anything they can imagine. Well, as long as that thing is a theme park.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Destiny 2: The 5 key things PC gamers need to know
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FT.NET Web DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- CCCloud Architect - AzureVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior SharePoint Administrator. Location -ACTACT
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTLead ArchitectVIC