Microsoft has teamed up with Blizzard for the Skype Hearthstone Academy, bringing back the concept of a digital chat room for fans.
Games - News
The Xbox One might not have a dedicated virtual reality headset yet, but now you can play its games through the Oculus Rift on Windows 10.
You've seen Doom on an ATM, on an oscilloscope, and on an ultrasound machine. Now see it squashed onto the MacBook Pro Touch Bar.
Civilization VI's Fall Update adds support for DirectX 12 and a slew of new multiplayer goodies.
Expect to see a lot of purple in the next few weeks as people learn to play hacker extraordinaire Sombra.
Microsoft is beefing up its Xbox One social environment with a slew of new enhancements for connecting with friends online.
Dishonored 2's buggy PC port is plagued by performance problems.
If you never got around to playing Ubisoft's neon-soaked, 1980s-inspired Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon fever dream, now's your chance.
With just four months until release, BioWare releases the first "real" trailer for Mass Effect: Andromeda.
There were some amazing game demos on at PAX Australia 2016. But the most fascinating were those utilising VR.
Blizzard didn't announce Diablo IV at BlizzCon 2016, but it's recreating the original Diablo in full in the Diablo III engine, and adding new goodies to D3.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is yet another instance of the Windows Store version of a game being notably worse than its Steam counterpart.
Intel clearly sees VR sports as a thing, as it's acquired its second company in the space, called Voke.
Futuremark's new VRMark benchmark can tell you if your PC's capable of running virtual reality experiences.
No concept art, no pre-rendered cinematics—Steam now requires developers to fill the screenshots section of the store with actual screenshots.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Saints Row II is free on GOG, but not for long
- The original StarCraft and its beloved Brood War expansion are now free
- Xbox One Insiders get first crack at player-organized tournaments
- Meet the new Microsoft Edge: 5 key improvements with the Creators Update
- Microsoft will unveil Project Scorpio, the next Xbox, at E3
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCPeoplesoft DeveloperACT
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW