The Sound Blaster E5 can be used as a portable, external amplifier for a smartphone or tablet, or as a sound card for a notebook or desktop PC. It’s primarily aimed at those of you who want to get a little more audio oomph out of your mobile devices ...
Gadgets - Reviews
The Lenco PlayConnect is a device that you can use to connect your existing stereo system to your home network. It can work on its own in this fashion, or it can be used as part of a multi-room sound system with Lenco’s wireless speaker products (the...
Rapoo's thin, E9090P wireless keyboard features a touchpad on the right side, making it a good model to consider if you want to control a media centre computer from the comfort of your lounge. It adds a bit of convenience that we haven't seen in othe...
Expectations around our Sydney office weren’t very high when we took possession of Samsung’s Gear VR headset. Even though we had a keen interest to see what Samsung's teaming with Oculus has come up with for this consumer offering of virtual reality,...
Prestige audio brand Bowers & Wilkins has focused on the basics with its first Bluetooth speaker, the T7. Outstanding battery life and class-leading sound are its hallmarks, though the tight focus has meant features that typically make Bluetooth spea...
Fitbit’s Charge is an activity and sleep tracker that takes the form of a wristband. It can be quite useful as a motivational tool for those of us who want to get more active, just like previous Fitbit products have been, but the wristband form facto...
The good folks at Worx want to put an end to the chore of mowing lawns with the release of an autonomous mower called the Worx Landroid. It uses a sensory system not unlike those found in robotic vacuum cleaners, although implanting the same tech int...
The WD TV is a media player savvy enough to jump online with a friendly retail price of $150. It consists of a box the size of a hard drive and one of the most ingeniously laid out remote controls.
Storage companies are now pro-mobile as they release hard drives equipped with wireless smarts. Seagate released its Wireless Plus in August, which scored well in Good Gear Guide’s review, and now rival Western Digital is adding its contribution to t...
Having an external battery pack on hand to charge your phone or tablet while you’re on the go is almost standard practice for many of us who are afraid of being caught out with a powerless device. There are many too choose from, and the main buying c...
If you’re an avid runner, the first thing you will notice about the TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch is the built-in heart rate monitor. Gone are the days of battling with sweaty, uncomfortable chest straps for runners who want to monitor their heart r...
Many of us tend to have smartphones that run out of battery life while we're on the go. For those annoying times, a mobile charger is the ultimate accessory. TP-Link's 10400mAh Power Bank is one of the most useful on the market, allowing you to charg...
Strontium is a company that makes memory modules and USB flash drives for desktop and laptop computers, as well as flash memory cards for mobile devices and cameras. It's a name that's hardly known in Australia unless you shop at PC stores (the compa...
Time and experience has helped Samsung refine its design over the original Gear smartwatch. All of the electronics have been moved from the wristband and into the watchface. Several tweaks improve the second generation smartwatch, but as far as desig...
Sony's SmartBand has a clever design and intuitive software, but who is this wearable for exactly? That's the question we answer in our review.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Griffin's PowerMate is the Surface Dial dead-ringer that's trapped in Mac land
- Take a ride on Positron’s Voyager, a full-motion chair for VR cinema
- Intel showed how 5G networking will power VR and self-driving cars
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
PCW Evaluation Team
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTPerformance Management SMENSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTManagement AccountantNSW
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- TPPrincipal Portfolio Officer - One Month Contract - DSITIQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst / Test CoordinatorQLD
- TPImplementation Planner - Payroll PortfolioQLD
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst- Wollongong, Loftus, Sutherland ShireNSW