Want to visit Manhattan? Tokyo? The Grand Canyon? With Google Earth VR for the HTX Vive you can (sort of) do it from the comfort of your living room.
Gadgets - News
We've been playing with the Xiro Xplorer drone for some time. The 'V' designation means that it comes with the impressive camera gimbal.
Online user community 3D Hubs has published its third annual 3D Printer Guide for 2017, based on reviews from 8,624 verified 3D printer owners of 513 different 3D printer models. Only 14 made it to the top.
How does Daydream View compare to Gear VR and other virtual-reality headsets? Jon Phillips and Adam Patrick Murray go hands on.
The sky's not falling, but apparently the GoPro Karma drone is. Send it back.
Snapnator.com has developed a USB-C to magnetic charger adapter that addresses the lack of Apple's popular MagSafe charging port on new MacBook Pros.
HTC launched a new Viveport Arcade platform on Thursday to help promote the spread of virtual reality.
The Surface Dial starts shipping in less than two weeks. Here are the apps and desktop programs it will work with at launch.
What happens when Apple rolls out updated laptops with all new hardware and features? One of Apple's biggest fans blows a fuse (and the other buys one).
The Moto 360 second edition and Sport models also get an update that fixes pairing issues with iPhone 7 and brings the latest security patches.
Android TV users can now get PlayStation Vue on their device of choice.
A robot being developed by Blue Ocean Robotics uses ultraviolet light to disinfect rooms.
It's hardware day as our tech trio looks into smart guns, a new virtual reality setup from Sony and the nifty Lenovo Yoga Book. (Look ma! No keyboard!)
Possibly the best low-cost consumer 3D printer, XYZprinting’s inexpensive unit delivers the ability to create good quality models in a short amount of time.
Co-founder Frank Azor has fond memories of Alienware's early days. It was a wild time of building kick-ass PCs, gaming, lots of sci-fi shows and generally, having a good time.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Griffin's PowerMate is the Surface Dial dead-ringer that's trapped in Mac land
- Take a ride on Positron’s Voyager, a full-motion chair for VR cinema
- Intel showed how 5G networking will power VR and self-driving cars
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- IBM's hub for wearables could have you out of the hospital faster
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSecurity Dev Ops and Java DeveloperVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support - Microsoft Office 365 experienceNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTData ScientistACT
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- TPDigital ProducerVIC
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCThe job "Solution Designer with PEGA experience- Telco" is now ExpiredVIC
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW