EZVIZ brings the easy setup and operation of the Mini indoor camera to its high-res outdoor model.
Security Surveillance Cameras
This is a fantastic home security camera for monitoring large spaces and tracking kids or pets.
Remocam helps you keep an eye on your home—and control your home devices.
D-Link is working to fix a weakness that allows attackers to take over remote control of one of its camera so they can eavesdrop, and the company is checking whether others of its products have similar vulnerabilities.
The Uniden G1420 Digital Wireless Surveillance Pack is a camera kit that can be used for triggered, timed or manual surveillance recordings, and it's dead simple to set up and use.
If you're a fan of The Office, you might recall the character Angela setting up a live stream camera so she could watch her cats while at work.
Axis Communications has announced the availability of over 30 new security camera products from the company in India and globally (in addition to about 200 existing products).
A new industry group officially launched Tuesday with a proposed standard for closed-circuit high-definition TV for video surveillance, and end-users applauded the effort to promote interoperability in a new generation of monitoring gear.
The Swann PenCam DVR (SPY-420) is the kind of gadget that no aspiring 007 agent should be without. It’s essentially a video camera hidden inside a functioning ballpoint pen, complete with an inbuilt microphone and 2GB of flash memory. According to the box blurb, it’s “perfect for mystery shopping, covert surveillance or Internet fun” (none of which sounds particularly legal to us). The astonishing thing is that it actually takes pretty good video when used in optimum lighting. Considering its lens is the size of a pin hole, this is a pretty impressive feat.
Axis Communications announces AXIS P13 Network Cameras, a new series of fixed day and night cameras having HDTV video and H.264 streams. Introducing simplified installation with the unique focus assistant, remote back focus and pixel counter features, these cameras are the perfect choice where high-performing video surveillance is required.
Swann’s IP-3G ConnectCam 1000 is a wireless-enabled security camera requiring almost no installation. The camera doesn’t provide the high audio-visual quality and remote control options of more expensive models, but the unit is certainly a decent security solution for a reasonable cost.
The price and complexity of video surveillance systems has fallen dramatically in recent years. They are no longer just for hermit millionaires and evil mega-corporations. At $999, the QNAP NVR-1012 Network Surveillance System isn’t exactly cheap, but it <i>is</i> within reach of security-conscious consumers. What’s more, you don’t need to be a registered mechanic to set it up.
For any kind of property owner, be it your own home or your place of business, theft is always a concern. A few years ago you'd need a hefty amount of money to install a complex CCTV monitoring system if you wanted some extra security, but these days thanks to companies like Swann, you can have extremely effective protection for a perfectly affordable cost.
The NightHawk 3 is another security camera system from Swann. This package comes with three wireless cameras, a receiver and remote control. We were a little disappointed that it came with no option to record video footage, but purely as a surveillance device it operated admirably, and should satisfy home or shop owners who are looking for a little extra piece of mind.
Jumping on the ever growing bandwagon of do-it-yourself home security devices, Swann's Digital Private Eye is a nifty device for those after a slightly more covert surveillance system. We were disappointed that it didn't record video footage, but the still image capture worked well, and should satisfy most users.
HP OfficeJet is fast, reliable and budget-friendly for your business. Read the review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Remocam review: This security camera can control your home appliances
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Axis showcases latest network video surveillance products
- High-def video surveillance standard viewed as boon to users
- Axis introduces P13 network camera series
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Content MigrationVIC
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA