As well as capturing video footage at a very respectable 1280x720 -- the same HD resolution as the Flip Video MinoHD and the Kodak Zx1 -- the Medion Life E47000 offers 5Mp still photo capture and comes with an HDMI digital connection.
Digital Video - Reviews
User-friendliness is provided in the shape of an unfussy control layout with large clearly marked buttons, though its slender dimensions mean that there is no optical zoom with the Creative Vado HD, just the ‘cheat' of a 2x digital zoom which crops t...
The Panasonic HDC-TM200 is a flash memory-based, Full HD camcorder with 16GB of on-board memory and an SD card slot. It captures excellent video.
With its acquisition earlier this year of Pure Digital, makers of the Flip line of ultraportable, user-friendly video cameras, Cisco Systems has big plans for the Flip as part of its vision for the connected home. And as the second generation of Flip...
Sanyo has become all but synonymous with the concept of hybrid digital video/stills cameras and this model offers both high-end video capture and 12 megapixels of photo detail. However, we weren't fully convinced by its implementation of Full HD vide...
The Swann PenCam DVR (SPY-420) is the kind of gadget that no aspiring 007 agent should be without. It’s essentially a video camera hidden inside a functioning ballpoint pen, complete with an inbuilt microphone and 2GB of flash memory. According to th...
The Sony HDR-XR520 is the latest high-end camcorder to flaunt the Full HD logo at video connoisseurs. It sits at the very top of Sony’s consumer-level handycam range and comes packed with all the premium features that this entails. Some of the highli...
The Canon Legria HF20 is a midrange camcorder that records high-definition video in the AVCHD flash memory format. Falling somewhere below the Canon HF11 and Canon HF S10, it can be viewed as an affordable alternative to the company’s high-end offeri...
The Canon Legria HF S10 is a flash memory-based Full HD (1920x1080) camcorder equipped with 32GB of inbuilt storage. It replaces the Canon HF11 as the company’s flagship consumer-level camcorder.
Panasonic’s HDC-HS200-K is the new top dog in the company's crowded camcorder kennel.
The Panasonic HDC-HS20-K is a Full HD video camera with 80GB of inbuilt memory. It shares many similarities with the Panasonic HDC-SD20-K.
The Kodak ZX1 closely resembles the Creative Vado HD and, with its metalised front, reminded us of the company’s Zen Micro MP3 players. Its red-on-black colouring, meanwhile, reminds us of props from Disney’s ‘Tron’ film.
The Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10 is an entry-level HD camcorder that records to SD flash memory cards. It replaces the VPC-CG9 in Sanyo’s Xacti line-up, and adds a few improvements that make upgrading worthwhile.
Interfaces don't much get better looking than Cyberlink PowerDirector 7, nor do they get easier to use.
The Sanyo Xacti VPC-TH1 (EXBL) is a compact digital camcorder that records high-definition video to SD/SDHC memory cards. With an RRP of $499, it’s one of the cheapest HD camcorders on the market, but there’s a catch (isn’t there always?)
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
- Facebook launches tool for capturing 360 video inside VR
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANENSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCGun Java/ Full Stack Developer wanted...VIC
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTWeb Content WriterACT
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTWireless Networking ConsultantNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW