The Sony HDR-CX110 is an ultra-compact Full HD camcorder that records to removable flash memory cards. It uses the MPEG4-AVC/H.264 video format and comes equipped with a 25x optical zoom lens.
Digital Video - Reviews
The Sony DCR-SX43 is a flash memory-based camcorder that records standard-definition video in the MPEG-2 format. Chief among its charms are a 60x optical zoom lens, an intuitive touch-screen interface and a fashionista ‘fire red’ finish (or, if you p...
RAM is cheap. Hard drives? Cheap. Big, beautiful LCD monitors? Cheap, cheap, cheap. You may have all the elements of a great video-editing setup, but for one thing: a video-editing application that can take advantage of all that inexpensive hardware....
For years, Pure Digital Technologies, which was acquired by Cisco in 2009, has continuously shrunk Flip video cameras while increasing the screen size and storage. But with the Flip SlideHD, Cisco and Pure Digital is taking a step back, increasing th...
Standard-def camcorders are being slowly but surely ousted in favour of Full HD, with fewer models entering the market. Sony’s DCR-SX60 is a standard-definition camcorder that costs over $500, making it even more of a rarity. In an era where high-def...
The Panasonic HDC-SD700 is a Full HD camcorder that records AVCHD video to removable flash memory cards. With a retail price of $1499, it slots snugly between the Panasonic SDR-H280 and the Panasonic HDC-HS700-K as the company’s midrange offering.
The Sony HDR-XR150 is an entry-level Full HD camcorder equipped with a 120GB hard drive and 25x optical zoom lens. Like other models in the Sony handycam range, it comes with an exhaustive array of consumer-friendly features and gimmicks, including S...
The Millennius Memmoir Gold Full HD 1080p Touchscreen Video Camcorder Camera is an ultra-affordable high-def camcorder that records to SD/SDHC memory cards in the H.264 AVI format. It also has a real mouthful of a name (from hereon in, let’s just cal...
We've all had to deal with footage where someone has skimped on a decent make-up artist and you've been asked to give some poor unfortunate a Max Factor makeover in post.
We were wondering what would happen to VideoStudio Pro following the recent release of Corel's low-cost Digital Studio suite. But VideoStudio Pro is still going strong - in fact this new X3 version even comes bundled with a copy of the separate Video...
The ‘pocket camcorder’ has irrevocably changed the video landscape as we knew it. Smaller, simpler and infinitely cheaper, they have become the consumer’s number-one choice when it comes to capturing video. It has left traditional camcorder vendors f...
The Panasonic SDR-H85-K is a standard-definition HDD camcorder equipped with a 78x optical zoom lens and an 80GB hard drive. Like its predecessor, the Panasonic SDR-H80-K, it packs plenty of useful features into an ultra-affordable package (RRP: $649...
The third entry in Creative Labs' Vado HD pocket camcorder series offers enough features and video quality to compete squarely with the Flip Video Mino HD and the Kodak Zi8.
The Panasonic HDC-HS60 is the first of a new generation of flash memory-based camcorders.
We've never seen video-editing software so easy to use. muvee Reveal 8 is not cheap, nor is it full-featured, but if you need to quickly make and share a slick-looking clip, look no further.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook launches tool for capturing 360 video inside VR
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- HBO brought its best shows to life at SXSW with an awesome escape room
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Facebook adds Apple TV and Chromecast support as video push ramps up
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTOffice Administrator.VIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW