If you have large numbers of MP3 or videos scattered across various computers or other devices on your home network, Linksys by Cisco's Media Hub NMH-305 network-attached storage (NAS) device offers easy access to them all. It can also store 500GB of media on its hard drive.
Priced at just $39.95, TP-Link's TL-WR340G 54M Wireless Router is hard to pass up. It has a four-port 10/100 Ethernet switch and an 802.11g wireless access point, and it will do a respectable job of distributing your Internet connection to all the computers and other networked devices in your home.
Western Digital's MyBook World Edition network-attached storage (NAS) device is a great option for storing and streaming high-definition media around your home. However its performance takes a hit when transferring a lot of small files and a premium remote access account costs extra.
Edimax is a brand that isn’t yet well established in Australia, but it’s one of the most popular router manufacturers in Asia under its own name and others. If the Edimax Wireless 802.11n ADSL2/2+ Modem Router (AR-7265WnA) is any indication, the company’s products are sure to do well here, too.
The president of Belkin has disavowed the actions of an employee who apparently offered to pay for positive user reviews of the company's products-and for marking negative reviews as "unhelpful."
Google is building its own routers because of dissatisfaction with Juniper's systems, according to a blog in SD Times.
Cisco on Wednesday announced the availability of Eos, or Entertainment Operating System, its hosted platform for media companies.
In a high-tech twist of irony, the Internet engineering community is adding a feature to IPv6 that the upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol was supposed to eliminate.
Cisco announced plans to buy Pure Networks, a Seattle company that has developed software aimed at making home networking easier, for US$120 million.
Field Day lets ham radio operators prep for disaster.
Field Day lets ham radio operators prep for disaster.
Normally, in a time of crisis, an "amateur" is not the first person you might call. But when communications networks go down, amateur radio operators -- or hams -- and their gear can get communities connected to the outside world via the radio waves.
The first commercial Ethernet switch has been successfully deployed in space aboard the Columbus module research laboratory.
XO Communications will team up with optical vendor Infinera next week to demonstrate how 100 Gigabit Ethernet traffic can be sent over 10 10Gbps wavelengths.
Network security can be a thorny issue for small businesses because they generally lack pricey equipment and dedicated IT people who have the expertise to lock down a local area network. But addressing security is nevertheless essential: Just one customer data breach could easily wipe out a small business, and constantly battling viruses, spyware, and spam can sap employee productivity.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Belkin president disavows fake user review offers
- Google building own router to replace Juniper?
- Cisco gets social with Entertainment OS
- Cisco to buy home-network software vendor
- First Ethernet switch arrives in space
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTMicrosoft SQL DBAVIC
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW