After an Internet-wide search, here are the 11 blogs that depressed -- er, uh -- impressed us the most with their lameness.
Digital Home Advisor - Slideshows
Intel celebrated the launch of the Core i7 at a party in Sydney's Cruise bar. Intel boasted about releasing the fastest CPU on the planet, and provided some real-time demonstrations of video encoding and physics processing, with the Core i7 leaving the Core 2 Duo in its wake.
Ensemble Studios has released another batch of images from its upcoming real-time strategy game Halo Wars. Plot details remain thin, though a press conference held by Ensemble today revealed a little more information. Built specifically for the Xbox 360, the control scheme has been designed with a game controller in mind, making it much easier to play. The game will include a total of 15 missions with both main objectives and secondary objectives to complete at the whim of the player, with a strong story to drive the game’s levels. Expect the game to hit the Xbox 360 in late February.
From Chrono Trigger to Fallout 3, these are the RPG games everyone should play!
Boasting the largest environment ever created for a racing game, Fuel is set to revolutionise the genre. Published by Codemasters, Fuel will be released on Sony’s PlayStation 3, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and the PC in 2009.
Over the following months, four new zombie games are set to infect our consoles: House of the Dead: Overkill, Left4Dead, Resident Evil 5 and Dead Island. Check out the following slideshow for all the gruesome screenshots!
Alienware has launched its M17 notebook, and it’s a strange-looking creature…
Everyone’s lovable hedgehog is back at it again, with a second Wii-exclusive title. Continuing the Storybook series begun with its predecessor, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight sees the former console mascot venture into the legend of King Arthur and the Round Table.
At Tokyo Designers Week 2008, Japanese audio company Supercent showcased an audio system based around a retro-style vacuum tube amplifier. It’s a very simple product, with playback options for radio and CDs, and a 3.5mm socket for connecting a portable audio player.
Sonos music system owners who also own an iPhone are now able to use their handsets to control the company’s multi-room music installations. The Sonos Controller for iPhone is free of charge. The only caveat is that you must have one of Sonos’ multi-room audio systems, which start at $799 per room. Sonos boasts that the Controller has the best user interface of any remote application on the iPhone. This announcement comes at the same time as news that Sonos users are now able to access 15,000 radio stations as well as Last.fm Internet music streaming. Even if the music systems are expensive, free add-ons are always welcomed!
The world’s greatest fictional real video game character returns to your screens in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. In his comeback role, Matt will have to fight all the enemies from his past games, including zombies, space marines and much more.
House of the Dead: Overkill is a first-person shooter, just like its four predecessors. It’s being developed by Sega exclusively for the Nintendo Wii platform and is set to be released in February 2009. Set as a prequel to the original House of the Dead video game, Overkill will have a new retro-styled look, with new graphics and sound. Check out these screen-shots from the game’s latest trailer!
This pioneering PC made instant geeks out of millions of people back in the '80s. But what lies within the Commodore 64's fetching brown shell?
Motorola has announced it will launch its low-end EM325 in November, with a price tag of just $99.
On the shop shelves just in time for Christmas, Philips has announced the launch of a series of new docking stations designed for iPods and other portable multimedia devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC