Telstra today announced sweeping upgrades to its national Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC), or cable, network which will see 1.8 million Melbourne homes receive Internet access speeds of up to 100Mpbs by years' end.
Digital Home Advisor - News
One of just a few new cameras announced during the Product Marketing Association (PMA) conference this year, the slim Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z29 is an entry-level addition to Casio's point-and-shoot line.
There haven't been many brand-new camera announcements thus far at PMA 2009, the big camera trade show, but Kodak jumped into the fray today by unveiling the Kodak EasyShare Z915.
For years, consumers have gauged their electricity usage with the monthly bill. Coming days or weeks after the end of the period it isn't a very efficient tool if you want to cut you household usage, but a new breed of meter is changing all that and ...
Along with much of the rest of the economy, the PC industry will be singing the blues this year, with worldwide shipments declining to 275 million units -- or almost 12 percent -- from 2008, according to a new Gartner report.
In just a few years if you forget to brush your teeth, you may get a gentle reminder -- from your bathroom mirror.
Budget manufacturer and retailer Kogan today announced the KEVIN37, a 37in LCD television that will cost $900 — the same amount earmarked for individual tax-payers who earn $80,000 or less in the Federal Government's economic stimulus package.
For millions of people a trip in their cars means tuning into local radio. But what if you're traveling and want to catch a station from back home? FM stations don't reach more than about a hundred kilometers, so on long journeys you're usually out o...
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Microsoft have brought the ThinkUKnow education program to Australia. The program, which originated in the UK, is aimed at educating parents and teachers about how to keep kids away from online predators and ot...
The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
Linksys has announced the availability of its new-generation home media server, dubbed “Media Hub”, to the local market aimed at simplifying the management and distribution of digital content in homes and small businesses.
After turning heads at CES with its X-Slim laptops Micro-Star International (MSI) is using the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, this week to unveil new versions with a more powerful processor.
Microsoft will begin selling its Surface touch-sensitive computer in some European and Middle Eastern countries, the company said Monday at the Cebit trade show.
Navigon took a shortcut to the launch of its new range of personal navigation devices, unveiling them at Cebit a day before the giant trade show opens. The company also demonstrated two new voice features it says make driving safer and easier.
Impossible Software of Germany has cracked the problem that lead to the company's name.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD