A new music download service to be launched by Virgin Media and Universal Music will let U.K. customers stream and download as many music tracks as they want for a single monthly subscription, the companies announced Monday.
The Razer Carcharias PC gaming headset is light, well-padded and comfortable enough to wear for long periods. The sound quality is acceptable for gaming and music listening, and a few small design flaws do not prevent the Razer Carcharias headset from being a desirable product.
The Sangean WFT-1D DAB+ media streamer can receive FM radio, DAB and DAB+ signals. Using its Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection it can stream Internet radio and play shared media from a network.
Sony is refreshing its Walkman line with new flagship models that pack noise cancelling, a bright touchscreen display, mobile TV, and the ability to surf the Internet and watch YouTube videos.
The Sangean DPR-99 DAB+ Radio is a portable Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB+) and FM radio with a 2.5in speaker. It can receive DAB+ signals in addition to DAB and FM radio signals. It is a simple white rectangular box with a volume control knob on the right side, power and headphone ports on the left side and button controls on the fascia, next to the 2.5in speaker.
$99 4GB MP3 player to feature picture viewer, FM radio and user-friendly interface.
The Logitech LS21 is a stereo PC speaker system with two satellite speakers and a subwoofer. The sound it creates is well suited to small rooms, as mid-bass and treble are prominent. In larger rooms the speakers may sound tinny and hollow, though. When you consider that you can pick these speakers up for a street price of around $30, they become even more attractive.
Boost your audio experience with the free MixTape.me, Mojo, SharePod, and TuneUp, among other downloads and services -- whether you use iTunes or not.
The Sony ZS-S4iP is a two-speaker boombox with an iPod dock, a CD player and an AM/FM radio receiver. Although the audio quality is occasionally unimpressive, the ZS-S4iP's is well worth the price.
The Logitech G35 is a PC gaming headset that connects via USB and outputs Dolby 7.1 surround sound audio. This set of headphones has good sound quality, with the ability to produce strong low frequencies as well as detailed treble notes. The strong plastic and metal construction may mean the headphones are uncomfortable for some users, although Logitech has made concessions for a comfortable fit.
The IntelliTouch EOS Wireless (EOS100T1RB) iPod dock provides 48KHz streaming audio for up to four satellite speakers. Although the system works quite well, the $449 price tag is a little high given the lack of features like a built-in clock or radio.
Optus today launched MobMusic, a new music store application for Nokia phones.
Google has expanded the free music downloads it offers in China to include songs by artists from each of the big four U.S. record labels, an addition that could help it win users from dominant Chinese search engine Baidu.
The Logic3 Pro-Dock is an iPod dock that lets you stream video to a television using composite and component video out ports.
A music subscription service bundled with a selection of Nokia mobile phones, including the touch-screen 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia's Comes With Music service offers unlimited music downloads from the Nokia Music Store for either a 12 or 18 month period. At the end of that unlimited download period, you are able to keep any of the music you've downloaded.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Virgin Media, Universal launch 'unlimited' music service
- Hands on with Sony's new X-series Walkman
- Optus launches MobMusic music app for Nokia phones
- Google expands free music downloads in China
- iPod Touch generates more traffic than most phones
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW