Memory cards based on a new specification will boost storage of consumer electronics to as much as 2TB, the SD Association said Thursday.
Western Digital has updated its ShareSpace NAS device network-attached storage (NAS) device, boosting capacity and transfer speeds. The price is high for a 4-bay NAS device, but the WD ShareSpace NAS device has some appealing qualities.
Proware's DN-500A-CM isn't a NAS device for the feint-hearted. What looks, feels and acts like a home-made attempt at network-attached storage is also difficult to configure and maintain. If you are up to the challenge though, it is expandable and has fast throughput speeds, as well as comprehensive RAID configuration options and good media server features.
Online storage sites, the toast of the Internet circa 2006, are shutting down in droves, putting the data and images of their users in jeopardy.
QNAP's TS-809 Pro Turbo NAS is the company's most powerful and highest capacity network-attached storage (NAS) device yet. Capable of hosting eight internal hard drives simultaneously for a maximum capacity of 16TB, this NAS device can certainly meet the storage and server hosting needs of small to medium businesses.
The Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS is a 1TB internal desktop hard drive with a 32MB cache and a spin speed of 7200rpm. It has two 500GB platters and offers very fast transfer speeds.
Commercial solid state drives (SSDs) have finally started reaching the capacities found in the hard disk world, with the release of a new 512GB drive from US storage startup Super Talent.
The Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive is a Gigabit Ethernet-capable NAS (Network-attached storage) device with a 500GB storage capacity.
Bearing the US Army's seal of approval, the Transcend StoreJet 25M-R portable hard drive boasts good speeds and shockproof casing to protect it from the rigours of travel.
The Iomega Screenplay Pro HD multimedia player can stream media over a network and record and play video and audio files directly from its internal 500GB hard drive. It offers support for popular and more niche video and audio formats. Unfortunately, it won't output video at a Full HD 1080p resolution and has a clunky interface, making this an ultimately disappointing media streamer.
The latest version of the Time Capsule -- Apple's Wi-Fi router with an integrated hard drive -- has some new tricks up its sleeve that make it a more versatile backbone for a home wireless network. Its cost and a lack of compatibility with Windows-based backup utilities are a trade-off for simultaneous dual-band operation and decent speeds.
Corsair Memory Inc. Tuesday introduced a USB flash drive adapter that it said creates a push-button file backup for computers when any flash drive is plugged into it.
The Kingston SSDNow M series SNM125-S2/80GB solid state drive provides excellent performance for a 2.5in hard drive, but the very high cost and low 80GB capacity make it a very expensive storage option.
The Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus external desktop drive has a 750GB capacity and can connect to your PC through either USB 2.0 or FireWire 400 ports. It may not look pretty, but its good transfer speeds and fair pricing make it worth buying.
NAND flash memory vendors responded to the slowing economy and weak consumer confidence by phasing out production of 200mm wafer manufacturing and cutting overall flash memory production to an industry-wide average of 70% in the first quarter of this year, according to analysts.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
- First 512GB SSD drive offered for sale
- Corsair releases one-touch backup USB flash drive adapter
- Flash memory vendors slashing production, raising prices
- Fusion-io unveils SSD drives with 1.5GB throughput
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTest LeadACT
- FTDevelopment and Delivery Manager - CloudACT
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW