It's official: We're living in a high-definition world. And with a new generation of affordable, high-quality HD components flooding into the world of PCs, it's high time your computer shared in the fun.
Digital Home Advisor - Features
iPhones, broadband and gamers give reason for economic hope.
Coming in November from Epic Games, Gears of War 2 promises blood, guts and awesome action. Check out this slideshow for a sneak peak at this great looking Xbox 360 game.
The Web 2.0 Expo at San Francisco's Moscone Center West, doesn't take up a huge amount of space: Startups predominate, and most don't have money for big flashy booths. But there's more cool new technology per square foot here than at many big trade s...
Updating your graphics card can be a costly business, especially if you're into gaming. Thankfully, there is also a bevy of affordable options for those on limited budgets. But making the right choice isn't easy -- plenty of graphics cards are duds, ...
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm, coming from Namco Bandai Games later this year, is the first entry for the famed ninja on the PS3. The game will feature an adventure mode with more than 100 missions, and 25 transformable fighters. Check out this slides...
One of the challenges in mobile computing is battery life. It's hard to be productive with a dead battery, so IT personnel and users alike need to think about maximising run time between charges.
When buying a motherboard for an Intel CPU, the most important consideration is the chipset. This will determine whether or not it will support the latest connectivity features, memory technology and, most importantly, the latest-model CPUs. There's ...
Does all this talk of WiMAX, 3G and 4G make your head spin? Here's a quick primer about what each technology really delivers.
Olaf Kopetsch, who lives in Germany, always tries to get his hands on American video games and movies--partly because he wants to play the unedited versions of U.S. titles, but mostly because he wants to learn some slang. No, I'm serious. This practi...
Let's look at some software packages that help me get more work done.
Way back in the 20th century, Windows prepared you for the day your PC wouldn't boot. It came with a program that formatted a bootable floppy disk, complete with diagnostic and repair utilities. If you had the forethought to create that floppy while ...
EBay will roll out a host of changes to its feedback mechanism this month globally, including the controversial elimination of sellers' ability to leave negative feedback for buyers.
For some of us, there's nothing more exciting than gathering round the TV clutching a ticket in one sweaty palm and making a mental list of all the extravagant purchases we're going to make just as soon as our numbers roll out of that magical machine...
Passwords, Easter eggs, achievements and more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EC says LCD screen cartel is active globally
- Sharp to increase LCD panel production on higher demand
- Dick Smith report says Australians keen to switch to digital radio
- Samsung, Numonyx to develop PCM specifications
- Faster SD cards could reach devices next year
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC