Sony has less history in the camera market than most of its competitors -- it hasn’t been around as long as Olympus, and it doesn’t have the digital SLR history of Canon or Nikon. Recently, the company has been bravely trying new concepts -- and some...
Digital Cameras - Reviews
In recent years, the compact digital camera market has catered more and more towards enthusiast photographers. With occasional and amateur photographers largely catered for with a few entry-level models and almost every smartphone, companies like Oly...
Samsung's WB250F is a compact camera with built-in Wi-Fi that's designed to appeal to users who want to share high quality photos while on the go. But there are rough edges in the implementation of the camera's wireless functions, which can make it s...
It’s been a long time since Fujifilm had anything to do with the professional or enthusiast-level digital camera market. The S5 Pro from 2006 was based on Nikon’s semi-professional D200 DX-crop camera, but added Fuji’s signature excellent colour perf...
Panasonic's Lumix DMC-G5 is the successor to last year's Lumix DMC-G3. It retains many of the key features of that camera, such as the 16-megapixel Live MOS sensor, built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF) and flash, and, of course, a small body. It's a ...
Olympus really impressed us with the XZ-1 -- it was a compact camera built around a great lens, with a good feature-set and plenty of controls. The Stylus XZ-2 builds on the same formula with an updated image sensor, a more easily hand-held design, a...
Panasonic’s first GF-series mirrorless large-sensor digital camera, the DMC-GF1, got a warm reception from enthusiasts that loved its lightweight body, intuitive controls and menu layout, and lack of bulky reflex mirror.
The Lytro is a camera unlike any other camera that we have ever used, both due to its form and its function. It's designed with a special lens that is capable of capturing all of the light rays in a scene, regardless of that light's direction (this i...
The Nikon D5200, at first glance, is the love-child of the entry-level D3200 and the semi-professional D7000. It shares its high-resolution 24.1-megapixel DX-format imaging sensor with the D3200, along with much of its body design. The D7000 contribu...
Sony's Alpha SLT-A57Y is a 16-megapixel, mid-sized digital camera that's designed to appease users who want something relatively easy to use, yet also capable of capturing very clear and vibrant images. It's a camera that we grew to love the more we ...
The Sony NEX-F3 is the replacement for the NEX-C3, bringing a host of new features like a built-in flash and flip-up 3-inch LCD screen. It has every feature that you’d expect to find on a high-end compact or entry-level digital SLR camera -- it’s sim...
Nikon and Canon have recently squared off against each other in a new segment of the digital SLR camera market that they’ve carved out, both bringing out their cheapest, smallest, lightest, simplest full-frame DSLRs.
Olympus has just announced an upgrade to its PEN series of cameras, introducing the PEN Lite E-PL5, which is a direct replacement for the PEN Lite E-PL3. The new model has a bulked up physical appearance that includes a handgrip and a screen that can...
The Olympus OM-D series of compact system cameras is distinct from the company's PEN series of cameras. Both series are based on the Micro Four Thirds interchangeable lens standard, but the new OM-D series is designed to appeal more towards serious p...
Samsung has packed a lot of technology into its NX20 interchangeable lens camera. Apart from a 20-megapixel APS-C sized CMOS sensor, this camera has Wi-Fi features, it supports Samsung's iFunction lenses, and it caters to both experienced photographe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCProject Manager - Testing Program - TelcoVIC
- FTField Engineers - Telecommunications ProjectsNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Process Improvement (Six Sigma Green / Black Belt)Other
- CCCloud Infrastructure Team LeaderNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- FTTechnical Director/Principal - Digital SolutionsOther
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTWireless Systems EngineerOther
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- FTIT Contracts and Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTAccount ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerACT