Sony's a5000 is one of the smallest and lightest interchangeable lens cameras that you will find, and these are its big drawcards. Its body is not bigger than a typical mid-to-high-end compact camera, yet it contains a lens mount that can accept diff...
Digital Cameras - Reviews
Canon's PowerShot G1X Mark II camera has received a makeover like no other when you compare it to the original G1X. The body has been tweaked to accommodate a bigger lens fixture, and the overall balance of the camera has changed dramatically. It fee...
Fujifilm's X-T1 isn't the usual auto-mode fare that you might be used to seeing from mainstream cameras. Instead, it’s a manual camera with tactile controls that will let you take complete ownership over each exposure. It can be intimidating to use a...
The nostalgic styling of the Nikon Df is not only designed to go after people with fond memories of the past; it’s also proclaiming to the world that Nikon has a rich history when it comes to producing cutting-edge cameras for creative users. By putt...
Olympus’ latest tough camera is not easy on the eye, but the extreme enthusiast will appreciate its unyielding never-say-die attitude and its swivel 180 degree screen.
Packed with features, the Samsung NX30 is the type of camera you should consider if you're looking to make the jump from a compact camera (or a smartphone camera) to one that can take interchangeable lenses and offer greater quality. It's geared at e...
A basic DSLR kit lens will typically provide you with a range of 18mm to 55mm. This is an optimum range that allows you to take both near and wide angle shots, which makes it enough for most beginners and intermediate photographers.
It may be a compact camera, but the SX700 offers a versatile lens that goes from a 25mm wide angle all the way to a 750mm zoom angle. This gives it an optical zoom of 30x, which is useful for creating interesting angles out of standard pictures, and ...
While many of us can get away with using a smartphone’s camera for most everyday snaps, a compact camera like Panasonic’s Lumix DMC-TZ60 can offer you all the versatility that a smartphone lacks, and in a size that’s not much bigger than a phone.
Nikon's D5300 is a camera that's designed for those of you who are just making the step up from a compact camera to a digital SLR. It has a small body with plenty of features, and it's one of those types of cameras where you can either let it do all ...
The D610 has a compact size that belies the full-frame sensor it houses within. It’s sturdy and comfortable to hold, and it packs the traditional controls and functions you’re already used to if you’re a Nikon user. It’s definitely an intuitive camer...
Canon’s PowerShot G16 is a small and sturdy compact camera that can capture clear and vibrant photos if given the chance. It's a little camera from a series that’s been in business since the year 2000 and this is the 13th version (Canon skipped the G...
Photography isn't always just about the camera, particularly once you start travelling far and wide to take photos. In those instances, you will likely need to bring along some supplies to last you the day or more, as well as any electronic devices y...
The OM-D E-M1 represents the best that Olympus has to offer in the compact system camera (CSC) market. It's a Micro Four Thirds-based, interchangeable lens camera that balances the needs of pros and enthusiast photographers in one neat, and solid pac...
Nikon’s Coolpix P7800 is a good choice for those of you who want a camera that can do it all, but are loath to get a digital SLR or an interchangeable lens camera. It’s a compact 12-megapixel camera that packs a big zoom, and you can tweak settings e...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTest Analyst - Application TestingACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT